Chapter 27: Whoomp! There it is!

Chapter 27: Whoop!  There it is. ((LOL! LOVE THAT SONG))

BRIAN’S P.O.V.

            She can’t ski.

            She can’t fucking ski.

            How could I be so stupid? 

            I grabbed her wrists, and yanked her to the side just before the chair lift turned around.  She cried out as the seat hit her back as I pulled her down to the snow, hugging her tightly as we both dropped onto the white ground. 

            A sexy scent wafted over her neck as I dug my face into her skin, my heart beating as I laid on top of her.  Both lust and love drove me crazy and I felt the layer of clothes between us weren’t necessary.  I couldn’t let her go.  But I had to. 

            She didn’t love me.

            Groaning at such disappoint, I moved her goggles from her beautiful eyes to see them shut.  “Rivyn?” I whispered, my nose just brushing against hers.  

            “Get...off...” she moaned, and I noticed her skis sprawled a few meters away.

            I scrambled off even though my body disagreed.  Clutching her hand, I slowly helped her up, my snowboard lying beside her.  It must have fallen when we rolled off the lift. 

            Slowly standing, she brushed off the clinging snow, adjusting her goggles.  “Brian,” she said, flipping her hair as she looked up at me.

            “Yeah?”

            “I think I’m about to kill you.”

            I raised my hands in innocence, eyes wide.  “I just saved your life!”

            “You almost killed me!”

            Ready to shoot the girl in the head, I clenched my fists, and gritted through my teeth, “I fucking saved you!  You’re the one who didn’t tell me you couldn’t ski making me jump to conclusions!”

            She gasped, and narrowed her eyes.  “Nuh uh!  I tried to tell you but you and your bossy dick kept telling me shut up!  And that was your fault for jumping to conclusions!  Not mine!”

            I growled, and grabbed my board, sitting down to do up my bindings.  “What do you think you’re doing?” Rivyn asked, resting her hand on her hip.

            Honestly, I wasn’t even sure myself, but I didn’t want to tell her that.  “Leaving,” I said flatly, and jumped up with my board straddled on. 

            “You’re leaving me?!” she roared, marching over.

            I smirked, rolling my eyes.  “Well, it seems that you’re not appreciating the fact that I just saved your life, and the police aren’t even after you, AND you can’t ski.  So yeah, this leaves me with only one option.”

            Crossing her arms, she let out a huff, giving a death glare.  “Fine then.  Hope you break your ankle on the way down.”  And before I’m about to say anything, she stormed off picking up her poles as she went towards her two skis.

            I watched her as she struggled, trying to attach her boot to the ski.  Unfortunately, she had the ski backwards.  Idiot. 

            I heard shouts about halfway down the hill, and saw a glimpse of the officers trudging up by foot.  One second thought, they’re the idiots.  There’s a thing called snowmobiles, guys.