Arranged marriage to a rich......Jerk?! {36}

When Zane brought me in front of Zelo's, I got out of the car and looked around for Spencer.

I closed the car door and smiled at Zane, "Thanks for the ride, Zane."

"No prob." he says, "So, how are you getting home?"

"I already took care of that. I texted my best friend to take me home." I replied.

"Cool. So, see ya when you get home?" he says.

"Yup!" I said and he drives away.

I sighed and leaned against the brick wall behind me.

"Yo, Skye!" I heard someone call out my name. I looked to my left and saw Spencer, walking towards me. I smiled and waved at him, "Hey!"

"Ready to go?" he asks me.

"We're gonna walk there?" I said.

"Yup. It's not far. Only two blocks away." he says.

"Okay." I said with a smile.

He smiles back and grabs my hand, "Let's go!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Landon's POV

"Jealous?" I heard my brother's ignorant voice behind me. I turned around and saw Zane, leaning against the door of my room.

"No, why would I?" I said, my face flushed.

"Admit it, Landon. Jealousy reads all over your face." he says.

"Shut up. I'm not jealous." I said and opened my laptop. I looked at him and asked, "Are you going to cover for Skye too?"

"Can't. I'll be too busy hiding away from mom and dad." he replies.

"Oh, right. When they find out, I'm not defending you." I said.

"Right, I get it." he says.

"Sibling conversation going on?" I heard Amy's voice at the door.

And it was.

"Hey Amy." I greeted.

"Hi Landon." she says and walks over and gives me a swift kiss.

She sits next to me on my bed and rests her head on my shoulder, "So, whatcha guys doing?"

"We're just talking about Zane's hideaway and Skye's date." I replied.

"Speaking of Skye's date, Skye looks like she doesn't trust you about keeping her secret about her date." says Zane.

"I'm not sure why. I mean, we're great friends in school. I'm sure she trusts me." she says.

"Whatever you say." he says.

"I remember Skye's date with her ex-boyfriends, Roy. Haha, I crashed it." I said, remembering the good ol' times at the park, attacking Roy and Skye.

"What did you do?" he asks me.

"I attacked them." I replied.

"Of course you would." he says with a sigh.

"Landon! I'm home!" I heard a familiar, cheery voice from downstairs.

"Mom's home." I said and shoved Zane into my closet. Before he could run out, I locked him in there.

"Dude! Not cool!" he shouts.

"Shut up. Stay in here until I let you out." I whispered against the door.

I grabbed Amy's hand and headed downstairs.

Mom was at the front door as the chaeffur placed her suitcases next to the stairs.

"Hey mom." I said.

"Welcome home, Mrs. Harris." greets Amy.

Mom looks up at us and smiles, "Hi Landon and Amy."

"Want some help with the bags?" asks Amy, offering some help.

"Oh no, don't. It's alright." says mom and then turns to me, "Landon will take it."

I groaned and grabbed her two suitcases, "Fine."

"Isn't he such a gentleman?" I heard my mom say as I headed up the stairs.

"I heard that!" I said.

I hate it when my mom calls me a "gentleman".