Arranged marriage to a rich......Jerk?! {37}

"Strike!" shouts Spencer, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Haha, great job!" I said, giggling at his expression.

He grabs a bowling ball and hands it to me, "Your turn."

I took the bowling ball and walked up to the alley. I aimed at the pins and rolled the ball down.

The ball continues to roll down until it knocked down 9 pins, leaving one standing in the corner.

"I was so close!" I said, "You saw that, right?"

"I sure did! It was really close." he says with a smile. He walks up to me and kisses me on the cheek. He grabs a red bowling ball and hands it to me.

I took the bowling ball and aimed at the last pin standing. I rolled it down and...knock it down! Yes!

"Yeah!" I said, happily.

"Nice!" he says as I gave him a high five. I sat down and looked at the score: 75 to 55. So far, Spencer was winning.

"Worried that you're gonna lose?" he asks, sitting next to me.

"Nope! I am so going to beat your ass." I said, smiling.

"That's not gonna happen!" he says, smiling back, "'Cause I'm gonna beat you first."

"I'm going to beat you first, Spencer!" I said.

"Haha, let's see about that..." he says with a smirk, "So, do want to get something to eat?"

"Sure." I said.

"Whadya want?" he asks.

"Hot dog and fries please." I said.

"Sure thing! Be right back." he says and walks away with his wallet in his hands.

As I watched him talk to the cashier at the counter, I sighed and smiled.

Spencer is really sweet, but I'm worried that he'll end up like Roy...oh god, stop thinking about this, Skye!

Suddenly, my phone rings and I picked it up.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Skye. How's your date?" I heard Zane's voice.

"Zane?" I asked.

"'Sup." he replies.

"Why did you call me?" I asked.

"Landon locked me in his closet and I have nothing to do so...yeah." he says.

"Okay?" I said, confused.

I spot Spencer walking back towards me and I said to Zane, "I gotta go."

"Okay, bye Skye. Have fun." he says and hangs up.

"Here's your hot dog and fries." says Spencer, handing me the food.

"Thanks." I thanked and dug in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, I had fun tonight. We should do this alot more." says Spencer as I got out of his car.

Spencer drove me back onto the beginning of Landon's street.

"We should and thanks. I had a great time too." I said, smiling.

"So, see you...sometime later?" he says.

"Yeah, sometime later." I replied.

"Cool. Night, Skye." he says.

"Night!" I said.

He rolls up his window and drives away.

I sighed and smiled to myself.

How sweet, and kind, and cute, and funny, and....well yeah.

When I got back to Landon's house...or mansion, I opened the door with the spare key and acted like I didn't go on a date, "Hey, I'm home!"

"Hi, Skye!" I heard a familiar voice. Mrs. Rhodes walks towards me and hugs me.

"Hey, welcome home, Mrs. Rhodes." I replied.

"Thank you, honey." she says, letting me go.

"Hey, Skye." I heard Amy coming from the kitchen.

"Um hey..." I said, softly.

"Would you like to have something to eat?" asks Mrs. Rhodes.

"I'm fine. I was over at my friend's house and had dinner there." I said.

"Okay, if you're ever hungry, feel free to come down to the kitchen." she says.

"Thanks." I said with a smile. Mrs. Rhodes gives me one more smile and then walks into the living room.

Amy walks up to me and stands there as if she's waiting for me to say something.

"Yes?" I finally said.

"Don't you wanna thank me?" she asks.

"Sounds like you kept my promise. Thank you. If I got busted again, Landon and my marriage is going to be next week or something." I said.

"You're not welcome." she says and heads towards the stairs.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Nevermind." I heard her mutter and she heads upstairs.

I deeply sighed and headed upstairs too. I knocked on Landon's opened door and peaked inside. Landon was no where in sight.

"Skye? Is that you?" I heard Zane's voice coming from Landon's closet.

"Um yeah. You're still in his closet?" I replied, quietly, making sure Mrs. Rhodes doesn't hear me.

"Sadly yes..." he says, "Can you maybe open the door for me?"

I smiled and unlocked the closet door, freeing Zane.

"Oh god, there's nothing to do in there. I'm going to kill Landon when I see him." he says.

"Go ahead, I don't mind." I said.

"So, how was the date?" he asks me, sitting on Landon's bed.

"Great. I had an amazing time with Spencer." I said, smiling.

"That's cool. You like him?" he asks.

"I guess, he's really sweet." I replied, "Where's Landon?"

"I dunno, I was in the closet for the whole entire time so yeah." he says.

"Okay, nevermind then." I said and headed towards the door, "I'm gonna go get ready for bed. Better not sneak around the house or else your mom will find you."

"You sound like my mom." he says with a smirk.

"Peace out." I said and walked out of the room, closing the room behind me.

I got back to my room, took a hot shower, and changed into my Junior Year Tshirt and Steelers sweatpants. As I was about to brush my teeth, I heard a loud slam. I rushed downstairs to see what was going on.

I walked down and at the front door was Landon, his face red and his eyes looking tired.

"Landon?" I said, "What the hell, you scared me!"

"Hehe, oh really?" he slurrs.

He's drunk.

Oh great.