Arranged marriage to a rich......Jerk?! {42}

It's been a couple of weeks since Amy's departure and Landon's unexpected outburst at lunch and it was almost the end of October...oh my god, end of October; which means the wedding of me and Landon are almost here. Shit.

As I slowly made my way to the school entrance, Landon catches up to me.

"Halloween's coming up, are you doing something?" he asks me.

"Why does this question sound like you want to ask me on a date?" I questioned.

"It does? Oh, well I'm not asking you to go on a date." he says, "Anyway, Halloween?"

"Sleeping." I replied.

"Really?" he asks.

"I'm not lying. I mean, I love getting candy but this year, I'm stressed out about all sorts of things. Especially me and you and...stuff." I said.

"Oh right. Guess I can't blame you." he says.

We both walked into the school and headed to our first period classes.

Before Landon and I went to different hallways to get to our classes, he says, "Can you meet me outside at the football field at lunch?"

I gave him a questioning look and asked, "Why?"

"Just meet me there." he says and walks off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's lunchtime.

Like Landon told me, I went outside towards the football field and started looking for him.

I sat down on the bleachers and waited for him.

"Hey you did come. I thought you were going to diss me." I heard Landon's voice.

He was behind the fence, smirking at me.

He hops over the fence and walks towards me. He sits down next to me as I waited for him to speak, "So, why am I here?"

"I know the date. Date when we're getting married." he says.

The moment he said it, my eyes nearly popped out of its sockets.

"When? Whenwhenwhenwhenwhen?" I said.

"Well, I overheard my dad talking to my mom about it and he said that the wedding is...um." he says.

"Yeeeeees?" I responded, waiting for him to finish the sentence.

"The 8th. November 8th." he says.

FUCK

"The 8th? That's in two weeks!" I said, shocked.

"I know that." he replies.

"Oh my god...oh shit." I cursed.

"Same." he says.

"That's it, I'm running away." I joked.

"Dude." he says.

"I'm just kidding. I...I don't want to get married! To you!" I complained, "Why me? Why you and me? Together? What the hell? My life is like shredding inside a blender and then dumped into the toilet. And then flushed down and traveled into the dirty sewer."

"Wow, same here." he says.

"Thanks alot, dad, Layla, Mr. and Mrs. Rhodes." I muttered.