Arranged marriage to a rich......Jerk?! {13}

Well, 5 periods went by and it was finally time for lunch. Like the first day of school, I sat at the table by the football jocks and braniacs. I placed my bag on top of the table and looked around. There was no sight of Roy so I sighed. I took out my lunch money and when I was about to get up to go get lunch, someone called my name. I turned my head and saw Roy, walking towards me.

"Hey." he said, smiling like always.

"Hi. I'm going to go get lunch. Come with me?" I said.

"Sure." he said. We walked to the lunch line for deli and I looked at him, "Last night was great."

"It was. I had a great time." he said.

There was that awkward silence. Awkwaaaard.

"Um so...when are football tryouts?" I asked.

"Oh it's today after school. I'm going to try out for center this year." he said.

"That's cool. Do you think the coach will let me come and watch?" I asked.

"I think so. I'll ask him." he said.

"Okay." I said and smiled at him.

After we got our lunch, Landon comes along.

"Hey, guess who's gonna try out for quarterback tonight?" he said.

"Don't care, never will." I said, taking a bite out of my sandwich.

"Me." he said, "If I get quarterback this year, it'll be my 3rd year in a row."

"Like I said, don't care." I said.

"Cool, you're coming to try outs?" asks Roy.

"Yeah. You?" replies Landon.

"Yup." says Roy.

"And so am I." I said.

"What? But you're a girl." says Landon.

"Excuse me for being a girl. I'm just coming to watch." I said.

"Dammit, why do you have to come?" he asks, grumpily.

"'Cause I can." I said.

"Have you two gone out before? You know, boyfriend and girlfriend?" asks Roy, with a questioning look.

"What?! No." Landon and I said at the same time.

"Really?" asks Roy.

"Really." I said.

"Oh, okay. And speaking of boyfriend and girlfriend. Do you wanna be my girlfriend?" he asks me. Did he just...oh my gawd.

"Me?" I said, pointing to myself.

"Yeah." he replies.

"Yes, I would love to!" I said, smiling as big as I can.

"Yes!" he says. I leaned towards him and gave him a peck on the cheek. I then looked at Landon who was giving us both a wierd look.

"Jealous, much?" I asked him.

"No. I think I'm about to puke." he said.

"Admit it, Landon. You're jealous that you don't have a girlfriend." I said.

"Shut up." he said.

When the bell rang to dismiss us, we got up and walked in the hallway. Roy grabs my hand and intertwines my fingers with his. Landon just scowls and walks away from us.