Arranged marriage to a rich......Jerk?! {51}

~ Skye's POV ~

Tears slowly fell as I looked into Zane's eyes.

Landon...Landon...I keep repeating his name in my head.

"I want to go see him." I said, my voice cracking.

"You will, later. I promise. The doctors probably won't let you right now." says Zane, holding me closer to him.

A couple more tears fell as someone knocks on the door. The door opens, revealing a doctor. The doctor comes in, smiling at me.

"I see you're awake. Do you feel okay, Skye? Do you feel pain anywhere?" she asks.

I slowly shook my head, "I'm okay...Is Landon okay?"

She sighs and sits down next to me, "You must be talking about that other boy who came rushing into the hospital a couple hours ago. I'm sure he's okay. Dr. Cunningham is taking care of him right now."

"Okay..." I said, softly, snuggled into the crook between Zane's neck and chin and slowly cried myself to sleep.

This is the worst mischeif night.

Ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up hours later with Zane still by my side.

He was fast asleep.

Sunlight was seeping through the blinds at the windows as I sat up and looked at it.

"Good morning, Skye." I heard a friendly and familiar voice at the door.

I looked and saw the doctor from last night.

"Good morning..." I replied.

"I just remembered that I never told you my name." she says and walks over to me, "I'm Dr. Kinsley."

She reaches out her hand as I shook it.

"Is Landon okay?" Those were the only words that came out of my mouth.

She gives me a heart warming smile, "Don't worry, he's fine. Dr. Cunningham just came by and told me that he's completely okay."

I sighed in relief and smiled, "Oh my god, that really scared me."

"Boyfriend?"

"Huh?!"

"I'll take that as a 'no'."

I sighed again and glanced at Zane who was starting to wake up. He sits up and rubs his eyes.

"Morning, Zane." I softly whispered.

He looks at me, tiredly and gives me a confused look, "What?"

"Landon's okay." I said, smiling.

His eyes widen, "He is?!"

I nodded as he hugged me.

"That's great!" he says, happily.

"Can we see him?" I asked Dr. Kinsley.

"Sure, only for a little bit though." says a new voice at the door.

Another doctor comes in, smiling at me, "So, you're the girl who's been worrying about our patient. Skye, right? I'm Dr. Cunningham."

He held out his hand and I shook it.

"Um, yeah." I replied.

"Would you like to see him?" he asks me.

"Yes!" I quickly replied.

Zane helped me out of my bed and Dr. Cunningham leads Zane and I to the door.

We walked out into the hallway and to another rooom.

Dr. Cunningham opens the door as I slowly walked in first.

"Hey Skye!"