Arranged marriage to a rich......Jerk?! {14}

After school, I went outside on the football field to watch Roy try out. Alot of guys were there. I sat on the bleachers near where they are and looked around for Roy. When the coach came onto the field, all the guys crowded around him. I spotted Landon talking to someone as the coach spoke. I looked at him and realized that I had to go home to his house again after try outs.

When the coach finished speaking, everyone walked to the bench and sat down. I looked at the line of guys, still searching for Roy. Then, I saw a familiar face looking at me, smiling. I smiled back and walked down the bleachers and stopped in front of the fence.

"Hey Skye. You really did come." said Roy.

"Yeah. I'd come anywhere for my boyfriend." I said.

"Thanks." he said.

"So, you guys are in order for something?" I asked.

"Yeah, we have to do different kinds of stuff to get the position we want." he replied.

"Wow." I said.

"Do you do any sports?" he asks me.

"No. I'm not really interested in school activities." I said.

"Oh. Some people are like that and that's okay." he said.

"Myers!" shouts the coach. Roy looks at the coach and then back at me, "I guess it's my turn. Wish me luck!"

"Good luck!" I said as he kissed me on the cheek and runs off towards the coach. I sat back down on the bleachers and watches as Roy ran, catched, stopped, and threw. When he was done, he and coach talks for a moment and then he walks towards me.

"That was great! How do you think you did?" I said.

"Okay, I guess. I could improve the running though." he said.

"Rhodes!" shouts the coach and Landon gets up from the bench. I glanced at him as he started to run and catch the football.

"Do you like him?" asks Roy.

"What? Ew, hell no." I said, "I hate him. He's so obnoxious and annoying."

"Ah." he said and smiles at me. We both started leaning in until......

"Hey lovebirds. What's up?" says Landon.

"Landon?" I said.

"Sorry, did I interrupt something?" he asks, smirking.

"Shut up and go away." I said and sat down.

"I don't feel like it." he said and jumps over the fence. He sits next to me and pats me on the back.

"Ow! What was that for?" I said.

"Nothing." he said, hiding his hands behind his back. I glared at him and then thought for a minute. I looked behind my back and saw my shirt, all dirty.

"Ugh, you asshole!" I said and chased after him as he ran away. As I was about to tackle him onto the ground, some girls show up in shorts. Cheerleaders.

"Ew." I mummbled as I watched them start stretching. I then saw two girls looking at me and whispering to eachother. I glared at him and walked over to Roy.

"Are you okay?" he asks me.

"I'm fine, thanks." I said. I looked back at the girls again and saw Landon flirting with them. The girls giggled and laughed as Landon looked at me.

"Rhodes, not you again." says the cheerleading coach as she walks over to him.

"Leave the girls alone." she said.

"I just wanted to talk to them that's all." he replies.

"Leave right now, Rhodes." she demands and Landon gives up.

"Okay, fine." he said. He walks towards me and looks at me, "I saw you looking at me. You were jealous weren't you?"

"Jealous? Ew!" I said, "Why would I be jealous?"

"You were rolling your eyes and looking at us." he said.

"That's because I saw them looking at me and whispering. I bet they were talking about me." I said.

"Dude, c'mon. Try outs are over. We should head home." says Roy.

"Doesn't the coach going to talk to you guys about who got the position?" I asked him.

"No, he announces it in a week when the season starts." he said.

"Wow, you don't know anything about football." says Landon.

"That's because I'm a girl. Girls don't 'do' football." I said.

"Hey, Skye. Do you wanna ride home?" asks Roy. I looked at Landon and then back at Roy. I completely forgot that he doesn't know about the arranged marriage thing yet.

"Um, actually. Landon's gonna drive me." I said.

"Really?" he asks.

"Yeah. My mom told his mom that Landon have to drive me to their house because of family problems." I lied.

"Oh okay." he said and kisses me on the cheek, "I guess I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye." I said as he walks to his car. I sighed in relief and looked at Landon who was smirking at me.

"What?" I asked him.

"You didn't tell him yet, did you?" he asks.

"Well, I can't. He's my boyfriend and if I tell him that I'm going to marry you, he's definately going to break up with me and get pissed at me about how I'm such a bad girlfriend." I said.

"You have to eventually." he said as we walked towards his car.

"I know...I'm so scared." I said.

"Do you know what else I'm thinking about right now?" he asks.

"What?" I asked.

"About how you two didn't kiss yet." he said, smirking.

"Well, it takes time okay?" I said.

"Oh c'mon. A girl and guy kiss first and then becomes boyfriend and girlfriend." he said.

"That's not true sometimes!" I said, "There's nothing wrong with not kissing."

"It kinda is." he said.

"Oh shut up!" I said.