Arranged marriage to a rich......Jerk?! {4}

After school, it was time to go home. As I walked towards Tanner's car with Tanner and Darcy, Landon bumps against me, making the books that I was carrying, fall on the grass.

"Landon, watch where you're going!" I shouted, picking up my books. He ignores me and walks towards the bus.

"What's his problem?" asks Darcy.

"He always has a problem." I said.

"He's going on the bus. Maybe he doesn't like the bus." says Tanner.

"I dunno. He got a big issue." I said as we got in the car.

Tanner drives me to my house and drops me off.

"Thanks for the ride, Tanner. See ya guys tomorrow!" I said.

"No prob." says Tanner.

"Bye, Skye!" says Darcy as they drive away. I walked into the house and as I was about to walk upstairs to my room, my dad stops me.

"Hey, bud. How was the first day of school?" he asks.

"Good." I said.

"Good? That's it?" he asks.

"Yeah. Typical day, that's all." I replied.

"Did you make any new friends?" asks Layla, coming in the living room from the kitchen.

"Nope. Just me, Tanner and Darcy." I said. Suddenly, Landon pops up in my head. Ugh, go away!

"What about Landon?" asks Layla.

"He's not a friend. I swear." I said, "Now, I gotta go do my homework now."

"Wait, Skye." he calls out. I sighed and looked at him.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Your father and I want to talk to you for a sec." says Layla. Am I in trouble already?

"Ok..." I said, confused. I put my bag on the couch and followed Layla and dad in the kitchen. We sat down at the table and looked at eachother.

"Soooo. What's up?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Skye." starts dad.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"We have some news for you. But before we say it, promise you won't freak out?" says Layla.

"Ok. What is it?" I asked.

"Well, Layla and I made a decision about something. Since you're a Senior, going to college next year and you're a grown woman now...we decided to arrange a marriage...for you." says dad, nervously but in a serious tone. I stared at them both and then, bursted out loud laughing.

"A-arrange marriage f-for m-me? Hahaha! Dad, stop it!" I said and stopped laughing, "Now tell me."

"We're serious Skye." says dad. Oh no he didn't.

"You're kidding right?!" I shouted.

"We're not kidding." says Layla.

"Wha---why?! Why are you doing this?! I'm 18. 18 is too young to get married!" I complained.

"Some 18 year olds get married in some countries." says dad.

"Yeah but those are other countries. We're the United States. Dad!" I said.

"Skye, honey. Listen. We decided to do this because we know it would be a great opportunity for you to know what it's like to have a husband and have children." she said. Woah woah woah. Did she just say children?

"But....I...ugh! Why are you doing this to me?!" I shouted.

"You'll be fine, Skye. And besides, marrying at a young age is great!" says dad.

"Yeah but you arranged it. Arranged! You set me up with another guy who I've never met." I said.

"You know this guy, Skye. You'll see. He's very sweet. He and his parents are coming in an hour." says Layla. Oh shit.

"Great. Thanks for telling me this." I said, sarcastically as I ran up to my room.