Arranged marriage to a rich......Jerk?! {6}

After we ate dessert and Landon left, I had to have sit with my dad in the kitchen alone. He's gonna give me the speech.

"Skye..." starts dad.

"Yes?" I asked, angrily.

"I know you're having a tough time with this but like Layla and I told you before, you'll be fine and it's a great opportunity to see what it's like to be married. The reason that we decided to do this is because...I don't want to lose my only daughter to a guy who you picked yourself. What if that guy is a stalker or..."

"A rapist?" I finished.

"Er yes. Anyway, I picked Landon because it looked like you two get along great. I don't know what's happening now but the last time I saw you and Landon being happy was this summer. Remember, at the pool?" he said.

"Yeah, I remember but that wasn't a good time. He freakin' pushed me into the pool on purpose! Did you see my face, dad? I wasn't happy." I said.

"But Landon was." he replied.

"He was because he likes messing with me. He likes to make my life miserable." I said.

"Skye...listen..." he said.

"No! I told you. We don't get along and we're a bad couple. A really bad terrible nasty couple!" I argued, "I'm gonna go to my room."

"Skye, wait." he said but I ignored him. I ran up to my room and layed on my bed.

"I wish I stayed with mom instead of dad." I said as I started tearing up. As I started crying, quietly, my phone suddenly rings. I picked it up and glanced at the screen.

"Darcy?" I answered, trying not to cry.

"Hey! What's up?" says Darcy, cheerfully.

"Nothing. You?" I replied.

"Same..." she said, "Wait Skye. Are you...crying?"

"Huh? What? No, I'm not." I said, wiping my tears with my hand.

"Are you sure? Your voice cracked and you sound depressed." she said.

"Ok, I'm sad. And I was crying." I said.

"Aww, what's wrong?" she asks.

"You won't believe this, Darc. I'm...I'm engaged." I said as more tears started to pour down my cheeks.

"What?! To who!?" she screams.

"Landon." I said.

"Oh sugar honey ice tea. Oh my gawd. Are you serious?!" she says.

"Yeah." I said.

"Oh my gawd. I'm so sorry!" she said, sadly.

"Don't be. It's probably just karma. Landon and I were arguing ever since 5th grade and then bam! We're getting married." I said, wiping my tears with a tissue.

"Aw. Oh wait, hold on. Tanner's calling me." she said.

"Ok..." I said, softly as Darcy puts me on hold. A couple of seconds later, there was Darcy's voice again.

"Ok Skye. I'm back." she said.

"Dude, are you serious?! You're getting married to that asshole?" shouts Tanner.

"Yup..." I said.

"That bites. Sorry about that." he said.

"No, don't be." I said.

"Um...how about we change the subject? Skye, we can't continue talking about this or else you might...explode or something!" says Darcy.

"Ok." I said, letting out a small smile.

So we talked and talked til midnight. Darcy brings up interesting conversations so it makes me forget about...ya know.

"Skye. You still up? You better go to bed! It's a school night!" says Layla.

"Okay." I said, "Guys, I gotta go. Bedtime."

"Aww ok. I'll see you tomorrow, Skye." says Darcy.

"What she said." said Tanner.

"Bye." I said and hung up. I got dressed into my night clothes and went under the covers. Darcy and Tanner are so lucky that they have eachother. I bet having the boy of my dreams will be amazing. I wanna boyfriend...and it can't be a guy who was just like my ex.