Chapter 29

"Where are we going?" I asked for the 10th time.

"The answer is still the same, you will find out." He answered, making me sigh in frustration. It has been an hour since we left my house and I have no clue where we are going. I am starting to regret my decision to agree on this late-night rendezvous.

About ten minutes later he pulled up at the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. "What is this place?" I asked suspiciously. He grinned and got out of the car.

"Come on now." He said opening the door for me. He then proceeded to pick up two blankets from the backseat.

"Just a minute walk and be careful." He said and start walking in the trees.

"Ahan, no buddy I have seen enough horror movies and read too many books to know it is a bad idea to go in there." I said not moving from my place.

"Why do you have to be so darn stubborn on everything." It was more of a statement than a question and I just give him a tight-lipped smile.

"You hear that noise?" The question made me concentrate more on the surroundings. Now that I think about it I can hear the water hitting the shore.

"We are at Huntington beach on long island. So chill out, I am not taking you to my secret butcher house atleast not yet." He said.

"YOU DROVE ME TO LONG ISLAND!" I exclaimed.

"Jesus Christ you will get us in jail, keep it down." He whisper shouted and started walking through the trees.

"What do you mean jail?" I glared at him and followed behind.

"Why do you think we are going through these trees than the opening for the beach? Because it is after midnight so basically we are trespassing. Now unless you want to get locked up, I suggest keep your voice down." He said as we manoeuvre our way through the trees.

For the next minute or two only sound heard was the crunching of leaves under our feet and rustling of trees.

Soon enough we reached the clearing. I took in the soothing smell of sand and water. A small smile made its way to my lips on seeing the beautiful view.

"Let's set up our blankets here." Jake said pulling me out of my thoughts. We lay one of the blankets on the sand and pulled the other one on our feet.

"Why did you bring me here?" I questioned.

"I don't know, it is good here. No one to interrupt. All alone on the beach, it's calming." He shrugged.

"Have you ever been here before?"

"Yeah a couple of times but they were all in the daylight, never at night."

The sky was clear today, bright stars and moon casting their reflection on the water. The light dancing on waves giving life to a mesmerising view. Splashing waves filling the silence leaving no requirement of words. A gust of wind sends my hairs flying on my face. I shivered as chilly air came in contact with my skin and gave me goosebumps.

"Here." Jake pulled up the blanket allowing me to wrap it around myself.

"Thank you." I smiled at him.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked hesitantly. I hold back my tongue from replying a sarcastic, "you just did." Instead, I nodded.

"Are you and Jeremy together? I didn't mean to pry....I...ugh...just curious." I looked at him, trying to figure out what suddenly prompted this question. I am not surprised because it is not the first time someone asked me this. People usually misunderstand our closeness.