Chapter 33

"JEREMY-" I couldn't complete my sentence as my body jolted back.

I rolled in my seat as Jake revived his car and turn it around.

"Put your seatbelt on." He said without taking his eyes off the road.

I ignored what he said and pressed my face to the window to see Jeremy. My breath hitched when I saw a car in full speed pass by him and hitting his car.

"NO, JEREMY." I screamed.

I tumbled over and almost hit my head on the dashboard as Jake sped through the street dodging screaming people.

"Put on the damn belt Nyla." He gritted.

"No. Stop the car, let me out. I want to go to Jeremy."

"Are you crazy? I am not stopping, those people are still behind us." He replied.

I look back to see two cars and some motorcycles chasing us.

We are in some deep shit.

"Stop the car or I will open the door and jump out myself." I threatened. I know what I am asking is stupid but I cannot go anywhere with Jake. He is in the freaking mafia.

Should have thought that before getting in the car.

At that time my priority was saving my life and he was the only person I knew. Now that Jeremy is finally here, there is no way I am going anywhere with Jake. I let out an angry groan thinking Jeremy couldn't have come sooner.

"If you want to die then go ahead jump out, I don't care. " Jake scoffed.

Ouch. Rude much.

"I have seen in many movies, when they jump out they get away with just some scratches." I argued.

"Did you hit your head somewhere? THIS ISN'T A MOVIE. WE ARE RUNNING AWAY FROM PEOPLE WHO WOULDN'T HESITATE TO KILL US." He screamed.

"IT DOES NOT FEEL LIKE REALITY EITHER RIGHT NOW." I screaming back, letting out some of my frustration.

My frustration immediately turned into fear as the sound of many gunshots going off reached my ear. One of them hit the back of the car making me squeak and jump in my seat.

The only thing going through my mind was that I need to get out of here alive. My eyes landed on the gun in the cup holder beside the handbrake. This is the best shot I got, I must not mess this up.

I briskly pick up the gun. Fumbling with it to switch off its safety and then point it at Jake, "Stop the car or I will shoot". To my surprise he remained unaffected, starring ahead and swiftly driving through the street.

You know it lessens the impact when you already told him that you have never used a gun before.

Damn it, I forgot about that. But I still have to try.

"Don't try me. I will fucking shoot  I am serious." I threatened again. Before I could comprehend my next move, Jake's hand shot up and with the speed of light he hit the inside of my elbow, proceeding to  twist my wrist, making me drop the gun. He readily caught it mid-air and in an instance it was pressed to my forehead. All along keeping one hand on the steering.

"Holy shit, how did you do that?" I asked mouth agape, while massaging my arm where he hit. Instead of replying he smirks.

That's impressive.

Concentrate! Not the time to drool.

"Now, put on your seatbelt and keep quiet. And don't even dare do anything cause you and I both know I wouldn't hesitate shooting." He warned and I quickly did what he asked.