Chapter 32

"What can I get you?" The bartender asked.

"Do you have coke?" I said timidly already feeling uncomfortable and wanting to get out of here.

Are you for real? You are in an underground club, pretending to be a part of a gang and surrounded by criminals. And you ask for Coke? Way to fit in.

No way I am drinking because one, I am underage and have never drunk before. Two, as you said I am surrounded by criminals so there is not a chance I am going to drink for the first time here. What if I get drunk in one drink, I need to stay clear-headed in this dangerous situation.

Fine. But you could have said that you don't need anything.

I was craving some cold drink bitch.

"Please tell me you meant coke as in cocaine, not the other thing." The bartender said looking at me weirdly.

"Just get her water and whiskey for me." Jake interrupted waving off the bartender.

(A/N: don't do underage drinking kids)

Jake turned to face me again. He didn't say anything just keep looking at me meanwhile poking the inside of his cheek with his tongue.

Hotttt.

"Are you going to tell me what are you doing here?" He questioned.

"I already told y-"

"Cut the bullshit." He snapped.

"That was rude Jerkface." I narrowed my eyes at him.

What happened next was so fast and unexpected that it knocked the breath out of me. With a swift movement he grabbed my shoulders and pushed me back, slamming my back to the bar counter and stepping too close to me for my liking. He peers down at me, any speck of playfulness leaving his face.

"You shouldn't be here. It's not a safe place." His voice was low and the intensity of his eyes made me nervous. He was so close to me that I could feel him exhaling, making me shiver. He must have caught on to that because he asked me, "Are you cold?"

Before I could reply, someone interrupted us. We both turned our heads to see a middle-aged man smirking at us. Not far behind were George and the other guys.

"Are you Jake?" The man asked. Jake gave him a once-over with a poker face. He then turns to me and said in a soft tone, "Stay behind me."

When Jake turned to talk to the man his whole demeanour shifted. The way he stood and talked emanated power.

"Damn is he the same Jake that I know. This is so unfair that bitch would talk to me so rudely and look at him talking to you with that sweet tone." I heard Jeremy say in the earpiece making me roll my eyes.

The bartender came back with the drinks placing them in front of us and left quickly.

"You got my M?" The man asked.

"Yes, but I need to see your part of the deal." Jake replied nonchalantly. The man rolled his eyes and then put a pen drive on the counter.

"Jeremy the man talking to the boy with Nyla is the dealer. He is the ex member of Eagles." I heard Feng say through the earpiece.

"Holy shit, Nyla I want you out now. You hear me." I know Jeremy was freaking out by the tone of his voice. I hummed back, not able to say much.

I took a sip of my water to calm myself down. Then an idea popped into my head.

I picked Jake's drink and stand between him and the man meanwhile side-eyeing the pendrive kept on the counter beside me.

Okay focus, show them what you got.