Chapter 30

Sunday makes you feel like you have the whole world ahead of you, and then the rug is pulled out from under your feet once the sun goes down. You try so hard not to focus on the fact that Monday is coming for you. But, then before you know it, Monday is right there, waiting for you with a gun to your head. It's time to go back to jail... I mean school.

Trudging through the hallway I finally reached my locker.

"You got this champion, one more period then lunch." Laura patted my back smiling at me. God only knows how grateful I am to have Laura and Bree.

My phone buzzed in my pocket but I ignored it because I have to get to class, ain't nobody getting detention for being late here.

I took out my maths book and close my locker. Groaning I took out the phone from my pocket which wouldn't stop buzzing.

"Hello. Jeremy I am in school-"

"Nyla, Nyla listen to me carefully. You need to get out of the school right now and don't talk to Jake and George. Get out of there fast."

"Wait wait hold up you are not making sen-" I started but Jeremy cut me off.

"Nyla Jesus Christ, for once listen to me." he snapped.

"What happened?" I whispered, now a bit scared because of his frantic voice.

"You know that second biggest mafia group, Jake and George are a part of it. And from the information I gathered looks like Jake is the leader."

"Wait what. Noooo." I gasped.

"Yes."

"No way"

"Yes way"

"Shut up, no."

"Cut it out Nyla, not the time."

"But Jer isn't he like seventeen?" I questioned.

"Yeah so am I." He counters.

"But you don't run it, you are not the leader or some shit that's your dad." I whispered looking around to make sure nobody hears me.

"Maybe that's the case with him too we don't know but still he can be dangerous so get out of there."

"Well if he is anything like you, then we have nothing to worry about." I chuckled.

"Nyla baby listen to me, this is not the time for you to do that thing of yours." Jeremy sighed.

"What thing?"

"You know the one where you joke around in serious situations because you rather pretend that everything is okay and funny than deal with it." He deadpanned.

"Now that you put it like that, it makes me sound weird."

"Well you are weird but Nyla GET OUT OF THERE NOW. And, take Bree and Laura with you if you can." He said with exasperation in his tone.

"Yeah yeah okay I'll do that bye." I said hanging up the call. I looked around to see the hallway was almost empty. I leaned back on my locker trying to process and take in the bomb Jeremy dropped on me.

And there they were Jake and George by their lockers looking anything but like a part of the second biggest gang in whole North America. What caught my eye was them fractionally talking and then walk away quickly. But Jake and I have maths next which is in opposite direction from where they went.

"Bree give me your car keys." I fretted.

"Huh? What happened?" She asked confused.

"Just give them. And listen carefully Laura, Bree until Jeremy or I don't get back to you stay away from George and Jake, no matter what. Don't go anywhere with them and go straight home from school." I said and started running down the hall.