Chapter 3

A/N: Thank you all soo much for voting and commenting on previous chapters. Reading those comments literally made my day.
×××××××××

I pulled the pillow over my head. Ugh where the heck is this annoying light coming from. Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop.

Finally my mind started working and I woke up. I grabbed my phone from the side table of my bed to see what time it is. Holy lord it's 9:15.

How is it possible, how did I wake up so early at no work day. A big, bright smile formed on my lips. I am proud of myself I went to sleep early last night and woke up early in the morning. Guess what things are finally becoming great.

But then I remember what a bad and exhausting day I had that it made me fall asleep early yesterday. It's still exhausting so imma reward myself with more sleep for surviving one day at this new place.

With that thought I fell back into the bed and wandered off to disneyland again.

××××××××

Ting tong! Ting tong! Ting tong! Ting tong!

I shot up in my bed.

Ok, what's going on again?

Is that my doorbell I heard?

Woah! who could that be, I hope it's not some creep trying to sell toilet papers, I mean there's nothing bad about it, it's just that I never liked the idea of buying toilet paper from a door to door salesman, also those guys are like really annoy-

What dude really? why're you thinking about buying toilet papers? shouldn't you be like opening the door?

Shiz! right.

I quickly ran down the stairs to get the door. And guess what the most obvious thing happened. I tripped and fall right on my butt.

For atleast once do something unexpected.

Give me a break I just woke up.

Ting tong. Ting tong.

I groggily opened the door to find Laura standing there with a bright, cheerful smile and hands wide open for a bone crushing hug which will happen a few seconds later. Just a look at her and I forgot all about my sore bum.

"Ahh.... Nyla I missed you." She gushed.

"I missed you too." I exclaimed with a goofy smile on my face. I untangled myself from her arms.

"Where is bree??" I looked behind her trying to spot a beautiful blonde.

"Oh she cannot come right now her mom, dad just came back from Italy. She will meet us on Monday." Laura explained

"Aw, I really wanna see her. It's been such a long time since we last saw each other."

"Yeah, I remember they were the best vacation ever. Oh, and how is my cousin." She asked with a small smile indicating that she is remembering the time we spent together.

She lets herself in and looks around the house. While I shut the door and enter the kitchen to get us water. Then we both settle on the couch.

She looks exactly the same. Those bright blue eyes and light brown hairs. Her cheeky smile still stands out the most. Laura here is the cousin of my childhood bestie Cassidie. Back in Canada cassidie and I were attached to hips. We are bestfriend since diaper days.

Laura and Aubree use to come visit us in summer breaks. Those summer's we bonded so well like we were some long lost sisters.

When mum and dad used to live here they were good friends with Laura's parents, infact she lives two houses away from me. So, my parents have asked them to take care of me.

Yeah, they think I'm still a seventh-grader or something.

"Hello! Hello!! HELLO!!!" Laura shouted waving her hand in front of my eyes.

"Geez, why are you shouting." I grimaced.

"Really? you fucking spaced out and we just met after 2 years, way to show your excitement." she said narrowing her eyes at me.

I sheepishly smiled at her and and pounced on her. We both tumbled down on the floor hugging each other tight.

"God I missed you soo freaking much." We both said at the same time.

We both pulled back looking wide eyed at each other.

"We still jinx." we again shouted at the same time and high fived.

Then we talked about anything and everything, how our life has been since the last time we met. Although we usually talk atleast once a month on phone or Skype.

"By the way, I am really sorry I couldn't come to pick you at the airport." She said.

"It's fine it wasn't your mistake that your flight got delayed." I dismissed the topic swatting my hand in the air.

Ugh, why do you have to keep making fool of yourself stop flapping your hand you cannot fly dumbass.

What? I wasn't trying to fly, I was just moving my hand to emphasize what I am saying. It is a kind of expression you wouldn't know 'cause you don't have a freaking face.

Yeah I would rather not have a face than have your face.

Hey, shut up you are violating our ground rules. Remember we agreed that we or should I say I because you are in fact my brain will not insult me.

Yep, I am crazy as fuck. I talk to myself, I even had established some ground rules to talk to myself. I really should get me a bed in a mental hospital. But whatever it's me its how I have been since always.

If fighting with myself wasn't embarrassing enough, my stomach started growling, I quickly looked at laura and she burst out laughing, great she heard that.

"Ha ha very funny now shut up that's enough" I deadpanned. She calmed down and glanced at me and burst out again.

"Hey come on that's not cool have you never seen a hungry person before. I didn't eat much last night, okay." I looked at the clock.

"It's even 11 in the morning and I just woke up."

"Fine now let's go feed you." she said standing up and going into the kitchen.

I followed her and started making some pancakes and two cups of coffee.

Conversation was flowing effortlessly and we both were joking around untill....

"You talked to Jeremy." Laura asked. A big grin that was on her face moments before was now replaced with a serious expression.

"He wouldn't pick up the phone." I said looking down.

"How, how do you kno-" she cut me off.

"Cassy told me."

I raked my hands through my hairs.

"I don't know what to do." This is soo messed up. She squeezed my hand trying to reassure me.

"He will eventually come around." She said.

"Oh he better, but I don't think it will happen anytime soon" I huffed.

"So how was yesterday." She perked up brightly.

And that statement was enough to bring back the incident where I met Mr. Jerkface. I then told her everything that happened.

"Wow he sounds like such an ass." She was pretty shocked.

"I know right."

"Although....I think it was quite an eventful first day I am so excited for our junior year. I had a feeling that it is going to be amazing."

Oh, believe me I do not think so.

×××××××××××

Hey people!!
I hope you like the chapter. It was a short chapter so sorry about that. How do you like Laura? Do tell your opinion.

Love you lots.