Chapter 21

A/N:  I made that aesthetic
×××××××××

Before I can register what he is saying I hear a gunshot go off. I felt pain in my forearm and next thing I know I was falling.

And that is how the life of Nyla Henderson ended lying cold on a restaurant floor and at the mere age of 17. It was short, abrupt and almost worthless.

Nah not that easy bitch. Satan isn't ready for you yet.

Coming out of the shock I realised it wasn't me who was shot; it was another man who was standing. I look at him with mouth agape as blood oozes out of his body. A lady beside him, who I presume was with him, crying hysterically. A tear slips out of my eye seeing the dead man.

I felt that stinging pain again in my arm and flinched. I looked at the hurt part to see Matt tugging at my arm. I must have sprained it earlier when Bree pulled me up from the bed and it resurfaced when Matt pulled me down.

"Why weren't you sitting down it could have been you." He gritted.

Why is he gritting at you Ny? That is no way to talk to a queen like myself in that manner.

Calm down he is just worried about me.

You have become such a wussy in past these days.

Not the time! Don't be petty, a man just freaking di-

"You see that. Anyone else wants to try that." The evil man with gun roared.

Scared I went in to hug Matt.

"We don't want to attract attention right now." He said and pushed me away. He straight up pushed me away.

I brushed it off thinking that he is not wrong though, at times like these we should stay lowkey.

A gunshot again went off and the sound of a body hitting the ground echoed through the room.

"Put the phones away. Try being smart like that bitch, be my guest and die." The man growled and a whimper left my lips.

Why is this happening? I looked at Matt's blurry figure with teary eyes. I extended my hand to hold his but he moved it away.

Okay, that is it. If he cannot hold you when you need him, he cannot be your man.

Jeremy would have hugged me and hold my hand no matter what.

Well he is not Jeremy. Nobody can ever be Jeremy.

Wiping my tears away I thought to myself that I have to be strong in situations like these. I have got to act tough.

I was bought out of the trance by another boom and waterworks from my eyes start again. I have no idea why I am crying so much today.

I quickly wipe my tears and look up to see more people enter, but these have masks on unlike the ones who entered before.

Atleast the new people are smart to hide there faces and not get caught.

"Guns down." Masked people said pointing their guns at the unmasked people.

"Boy I won't hesitate to kill your men so better run away." The leader of unmasked gang growled.

What's up with him and growling and roaring. Is he a wild animal or something?

Don't insult wild animals they are way better than this messed up creature who thinks it is right to kill innocent people.

"Let the citizens go and we handle this one on one." One of the masked man said pointing his gun threateningly and then looking at all the people in the room stopping at me for some seconds looking weirdly. I averted my eyes and look behind him to see one of the other masked man eyeing me.