Chapter 19

Thud.

"Jake is that you?" I asked.

No answer.

Fuck I bet Annabelle heard you and is here to make the deal.

Well bitch then we are going to go haunt some people holler up.

Yes finally.

Shut up this is serious.

I slowly made my way out of my room just as I was about to climb downstairs. I heard the creak of a floorboard.

Shit, shit there is only one loose floorboard in the house that is the third stair from the top that means someone is coming up.

Anxiety starts settling in. I then heard scratching sounds. What the fuck is going on? Next thing, I heard the vase shatter downstairs.

I took two steps forward and bumped into someone followed by a high pitched squeak by yours truly and a hand shutting me up.

"Jake?" I whispered.

"You fucking crazy, you are not supposed to scream in such situations." He whisper shouted.

Thud.

"Stay here quiet and not move a fraction." He ordered.

I started panicking, my breathing shallowed I starting shaking not able to breathe and images from that night in alley rushed through my brain.

Stop resisting bitch. Shut up before I kill you. Help somebody help. Help.

It was playing like a loop in my brain. I don't know for how long I was on the floor as tear stream down my face.

"Hey, hey shush it was just a cat. I opened the window earlier as I was feeling hot. Its okay nothing to worry about." I hear a soothing voice and a hand rubbing circles on my back.

"Breathe. Breathe. It is okay. Everything is fine I am here." Jake coaxed. He hugged me rocking me back and forth.

I sat there on the floor in the dark, face buried in Jake's chest wetting his sweatshirt by my tears as he hugged me one hand rubbing my back and other running through my hair.

We sat there for what seems like ages but was probably 10-20 minutes. Eventually sobbing subsided and I came to my senses but I was too exhausted. I tilted my face up and my head bumped into Jake's chin.

He winced and a small smile forms on my lips.

"Do you need water?" He asked.

"No n-not re-" I tried to speak but my voice is hoarse and cracked.

"I figured. Now go lay in bed I will get some water." He said and tried to stand up but I pulled his hand.

I cleared my throat and said in a raspy voice, "There is a bottle in my room."

We both then stood up and go to my room. I drink some water and lay down.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked. I did not respond not having a clue what to say.

"When I asked you before, day after it happened you said you were fine. This is anything but fine." He said lowly.

"How do you know it is about that night only?" I questioned looking up at him, he is sitting on my bed resting his head against the headboard.

"I thought that cause you kept mumbling help me he is a bad man but mum cannot know."

I didn't even realise I was doing that. To be honest yes for the first two weeks I had many nightmares about that day. But I have never had any panic attack at least not because of what happened that night. Also I haven't had any nightmares since last week.