Chapter 5

Anna's P.O.V

I open my eyes, shifting and sighing. Slowly, as my situation dawned on me, I tried to sit up. I couldn't do that because I was lying in a bed and my hands were tied behind my back.

My whole body froze and my eyes skim the room. The room is big, but it is mostly empty except for a large bookshelf, that is hardly filled with books and a small desk. The room had no windows and the walls are painted beige. There is a big door there also painted beige, with a shiny gold knob.

I kept trying to sit up, but the wound in my legs hurt and my hands made it impossible to. Jason had tied my hands really tight with the rope, the rough jute material was digging into my skin.

I wish I could just run out of here now. Run home, to our dusty flat over the chippy and never ever look back. Or, I wish this could just be a bad nightmare and I can wake up any second, safe in my own warm bed.

But none of that is going to happen. I squirm around a little more, struggling to get the ropes of me, but they tied tight and secure and no way are they coming off if Jason doesn't cut them. And even if I managed to get out of these ropes, I am sure that the door is locked, so I won't be going anywhere.

I wonder if anyone has noticed that I have gone. Mom's off working and Emily thinks I am at home, so probably not.

I struggled little more, and soon tears of frustration and anger were on my cheeks. Jason just can't take me away like this! I have a family, I have friends! I have feelings for God's Sake! I am not some kind of toy for him to play with. Just because he is some criminal the cops have been after for like years, don't mean he can do anything he wants.

Unable to take it anymore, I scream. I give ear-splitting screams one after one.

All my energy is drained from the struggling, screaming and emotional pain. I try to scream out in a hoarse voice, the only person who can free me, "Jason! Please."

I stop screaming, the silence becoming unbearable. Surly Jason would leave me here like this? I have to talk to him, I need to know why he kidnapped me.

I hear heavy footsteps outside the door and the door finally opens, my breathing is beyond normal.

Jason comes into the room, a smirk on his lips. The question I had planned to scream at him stayed stuck in my throat as I was mesmerized him. He walked over to me, I tried to cover away but, the ropes did not help.

"Well, look at you, such a hottie?" Jason spoke, a Canadian drawl visible in his accent. My cheeks turned pink, I am not used to getting compliments like this. I have never been with a boy so only Emily or my mother has complimented me.

I just stared up at him, waiting for him to speak again. Too scared to say anything. Jason sat down on the bed and looked at me. "Water?" he raises his eyebrows at me.

I stayed silent, not reacting, I didn't know how to react around him. Should I scream? Cry? Or, run when he unties me?

And he is asking me for water? Seriously? All I wanted was to get out of here. He sighed impatiently, "Anna you will have to speak sooner or later. And I suggest you do before I get too mad." He spoke, his jaw clenching and unclenching.

"P-please... let me go... I-I... wont tell anyone... I promise please..." I try begging. He sighed again frustrated, "ANNA FOR THE LAST TIME YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE! I FUCKING OWN YOU!"

I flinch at his words, not used to being spoken to so harshly. Jason runs his hands through his hair, looking guilty.

Why did he take me? Does he want money? I honestly do not have much if he wants that, but why would he want money from me when he can rob as many banks as he wishes to? And he has been trying to make it clear, that he wants something else... and for a fact, I know it's not money, and that's what scares me more.

"Anna, I own you. You are mine, you belong to me. Do I need to explain more?" he said breaking into my thoughts. He brought his face close down to mine.

I managed to whisper out, "Why did you take me?" I was not even audible to myself so I don't think Jason heard.

He ignores me, reaching out and touching my cheek softly, stroking it tenderly. A sob escaped my lips. Jason turns around and pecks my forehead, passionately.

"I took you because I love you, Anna."