Chapter 26

Anna's P.O.V

I had never slapped a person in my life. But, two seconds ago I just slapped Jason McCann, the world's most wanted and most dangerous criminal, and that too while he was telling me how much he loved me and after he had punished me by giving me a hickey.

Trust me, that is not good at all.

Who in their right minds slaps the Jason McCann? Well, I just did.

Jason's head was hung low, like he was bowing to me. But I knew he wasn't, of course not. He was absorbing the fact that I had slapped him.

I am pretty sure no one had ever slapped Jason, ever. No one would dare to. Except me. I did it without thinking, in the heat of the moment; and now instead of feeling maybe proud or scared even that I had just slapped Jason, I felt guilt. All the bitterness instantly vanished and an overwhelming feeling of guilt swept through me.

Why?

Jason looked up then, meeting my eyes, and that feeling inside me completely changed. All felt was now was fear. Dread. Terrified.

His eyes were black; pitch black and his fists were clenched tightly at his sides. His nostrils flared and it was clear that he had clenched his teeth too. The veins in his head popped out and his face slowly turned red, camouflaging the red mark my slap had left him on his right cheek.

"You just slapped me." Jason said, his voice so low that I had to strain my ears to hear him. I gulped; wishing so much I hadn't now, craving to hear his sweet love words to change this situation.

But nothing could get me out of here now. Nothing.

Before I knew it, I was on the floor. I bought a surprised hand to my cheek, realising only a second too late that he had slapped me. Hard. So hard that I was on the floor.

I tried my best to find the words to say sorry, but it was like my brain had simply frozen. Tears blurred my eyes, preventing me from seeing Jason.

I knew that he wasn't going to let me go with a slap.

I was right. I crumpled over on the wodden floor in pain as Jason kicked my stomach with his hard boot. I shut my eyes tight, trying to make the intense pain in my stomach go away, but no vail.

In my pain, I could find the energy to open my eyes, trying to beg with them, as words refused to leave my mouth. But no begging would get Jason to listen.

Through my tears, I watched Jason as he bend down beside me. I thought I had seen what Jason had looked like when he was mad. But I was wrong. This is really what he looked like. I had never seen him madder.

This is the real Jason McCann.

I sure had done my best to provoke the inner devil in him to come out.

"You slapped me Anna." Jason said again, grasping my hair in a hard hold in his fist. I whimpered in pain as he twisted the my hair in his hand and forced me to look up into his eyes, "You fucking slapped me."

He slapped me again, this time on my other cheek and before I could grasp the pain, he pulled me up by my dress and shoved me harshly back down to the floor. I slid, and struggling to find my balance, I fell.

The glass that I had shattered earlier that lay in large splinters now, pierced through my right palm, when I used my right palm to catch my self. I screamed in utter pain, and the sound was alien to my own ears, because I had never screamed like that ever; I had never ever screamed in that kind of pain; I had never left that kind of pain.

I took my left arm and mustering what little courage and energy I had, I pulled out the glass from the wound in my palm. I winced as the glass slid out of my palm and landed on the floor, covered in blood. I could feel Jason watching me, standing at a distance, his shoulders heaving as he breathed heavily.

He strode towards me and I clamped my eyes shut, willing myself for what my fate had to offer.

Jason pulled me up by my arm this time and pushed me towards the wall. He stood in front of me, placing either hands on the side of my head against the wall and preventing me from moving. His body was almost pressed against me, that's how close he was and his face was only centimetres away from me.

He looked at me and then at my lips, and then back at my eyes. I whimpered and pressed my lips together, biting down on them so hard that I could soon test blood.

Jason let out a cruel laugh, throwing his head back, before looking at me again, "Don't worry bitch I am not going to kiss you now." Jason said, his eyes boring into mine.

I hung my head low, letting my long hair fall over my face in an effort to hide me. Tears were rolling down my chin, landing on my dress making it wet. I was not used to being spoken to like this.

I gasped as Jason tightened his fingers around my neck suddenly, chocking me. "I gave you everything Anna, everything, and still you choose to do this." Jason said, not letting go of my neck, I gasped wanting more air. "I love you. When will you understand that?" Jason said, his voice was filled with desperation and frustration and his eyes showed nothing but misery now. "I give you food to eat, a good place to live in, a bed to sleep in. I fulfill each and every one of your needs and still you wont even try to love me. I try to be nice to you Anna, I really do, in hope that you might fall for me, but no...all you ever want to do is get away from me. Isn't that so?" Jason said, frowning down at me. He towered over me, and his grip on my neck got tighter and tighter.

I started feeling dizzy, and gasped desperately to get some air.

Jason was chocking me, almost killing me, beating me up, and all the time saying that he loved me. Is this really what love is then?

Not only was he cruel, but maybe he was also mentally unstable.

When I was about to faint from the lack of oxygen, Jason let go of my neck. My hands flew to it, while I fought to catch my breath. Jason just watched.

"Well, if thats what you really want, I will give it to you, like every other thing I give to you. I will let you go." Jason said, grabbing my hand and dragging me outside.

I stumbled behind him on my unstable legs, my body aching. All I wanted now was to lie done and for the pain to leave my body. I clutched my aching stomach in one hand while Jason dragged me by the other.

He unlocked the front door, dragging me through the green gardens to the main gate. "J-J-Jason...where are you taking me?" I asked, bewildered.

I got no reply from him. He unlocked the pin in the main gate and then shoved me roughly outside.
"You wanted to go then? Go on! Go!" Jason said, shoving me harshly again.

I stood there, dumbly, unable to believe my ears. "Just cut the drama and go! I am not joking here. Get the fuck away." Jason sweared.

I stood there, confused at this. Was he really letting me go, or was this one of his sadistic evil tricks? I looked behind myself, all I could see was blue skies and greenery. Freedom.

I looked at Jason one last time before making sure he wasn't joking or playing a trick, and when he gave me a blank look, I knew he wasn't.

Thats when I started running. Away from Jason. Away from the gigantic house. And to home.