chapter 40

Anna's P.O.V

I woke up early, wanting plenty of time to get ready for my trip to town. I skipped out of bed with a light step, catching Jason coming out of the bathroom, drying his wet hair with a towel.

I pulled him down on the bed with me, tugging him by the arms, "City today." I said, unable to keep the excitement away from my voice. Jason chuckled, "I know love." He grinned, "Get dressed, and we can leave right away, so we can spend the all day in the city."

I laughed, "You seem excited too." Jason did seem excited, and I couldn't help but laugh at that. Jason's eye twinkled, and he seemed genuinely happy. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously, "What are you so happy about?" I asked, softly nudging him. Jason winked, "Oh that's a surprise."

I groaned, but went red at the same time. " I hate surprises. Tell me!" Jason smiled, "Well...I was thinking about a fancy candle light dinner before we came back to the island would be nice..."

I gasped and pecked him on the cheek, delighted, "I would love too." I managed to choke out. Jason laughed, picking me off the bed, "Get ready." He whisked me off the bathroom, making me giggle.

I rushed in the shower, quickly washing my hair and body. After I was done, I decided to just stand there and let the warm water run down me. I don't know why, but I found the really calming and relaxing.

I sighed, it might seem silly that I was excited to just go out into a city, but I was doing that after such along time that I could help but get excited over it. I was leaving the island after months, and I really looked forward to just seeing people and going shopping. And having dinner with Jason...that was the part I wanted the most.

I never had much fanciness in my life with us not being so well off after father died, so this did not fail to excite me. And the important thing that made it better, more special that, Jason was going to be with me.

The danger of doing this to me was minor. I knew there should be a part of me that had to be scared, but I wasn't. Jason's calmness and casualty in this had rubbed on me. I just thrilled.

There were heaps of cloths on the ground after I had finally found myself something to wear. I wanted to be casual yet fancy, so I had gone through piles of jeans, shirts, skirts and dresses before finally stopping at this outfit.

I was wearing a pair of dark washed jeans with a royal blue long sleeved top. It was made of silk and the feel of it on my skin reminded me of the night of the party. The blue silk, had beautiful and fancy lace on it, and it was causal and comfy. I wanted to go with some blue heels to complete the outfit, but I knew I wouldn't be able to survive in those all day so I just picked out a pair of royal blue pumps for my feet.

I finished my look by putting my long straight hair up in a high ponytail and putting on some eyeliner and shimmery eye shadow with pink lipgloss.

I ran down the stairs, but I wasn't able to find Jason in the kitchen or in the living room so I looked through the different bathrooms.

Jason was in one of them, standing in front of the mirror, fixing his hair while humming a cheerful tune. I watched him, taking in his blue jeans and black leather jacket. I sighed, I couldn't get enough of his beauty. He was just perfect.

Jason turned around, surprised that I was at the door way. Then he smiled, "Wow." He said, looking at me. I blushed, before walking up to him, "You look amazing." I said.

Jason smirked, "Look who is talking. Anna you look gorgeous, just like always."

Jason intertwined out hands and then we walked out of the house and down to the beach. "The dock is about fifteen minutes from here, I have my speedboat there." Jason mused, as we walked down the sandy path.

"Where are we exactly going then?" I asked Jason, enjoying the light breeze blowing with the warm sun against my skin.

Jason smiled, "We are near North America, on Ben Island, so we are just heading to Florida, because that is the easiest city from here."

I felt another bubble of excitement go through me. I could tell this was going to be great. We soon reached the boat. It was a speed boat, completely white, with Jason's initials printed on the back of it in gold letters. It looked to be around a million dollars. Jason jumped on the boat, sending it rocking, "This is my beauty," He grinned at me.

"Show off," I muttered under my breath and Jason laughed. He helped me to get on the boat, I sighed, glad I didn't fall in the water. That would have been a disaster.

The boat swayed gently beneath us as we sat on the leather seats. The ocean looked huge ahead of us but Jason assured me he knew the way.

"Here we come Florida!" Jason grinned, but then he seemed distracted. He frowned, patting his pockets with furrowed eye brows. "I swear I had the key of the boat with me." I heard Jason mutter frustratingly under his breath.

I sighed, "You must have forgotten it at home." Jason groaned, "You stay here, I'll go get it," Jason said, jumping of the boat.

"No! I want to go with you." I said. I didn't trust myself enough myself enough with no experience to be left alone in a boat like this so I wanted to go with Jason.

Jason smiled, lifting me off the boat. We headed back for the house, but half way through the beach I spotted Eric walking towards us. He waved at us, and I rolled my eyes, not wanting to start a conversation with him now. He jogged towards us and I sighed impatiently, looks like he was going to make us late after all.

"Boss I thought you were heading for Florida with your girl," Eric said, speaking to Jason. "Anna." I said, giving him a cold stare. I still hadn't forgiven him after he tried to make a move to me, I just didn't like him that much anymore. He put his hand up in defence, "Sorry...Anna."

Jason sighed impatiently too, "What is it now Eric?" Eric shot him a friendly smile, "Actually I had a helicopter land here last night. Its one of ours, and I just planned on cleaning it."

Jason's eyes glazed over with anger, and placed a comforting arm around his waist. Jason relaxed, but he still spoke through gritted teeth, "I told you already not to bring any stuff to my island without my permission."

"Sorry Boss." Eric said, not looking a bit sorry at all. "Well I had it all clean today, and its on clear meadow in the forest now. I just wanted to offer you a ride. I guess Anna would like to ride a helicopter." Eric said, looking at Jason questioningly.

Jason's face was blank and then he looked at me, I nodded excitedly. There had been a few times I had been on a plane, let alone a helicopter and it would be perfect to go in one.

Jason shrugged before smiling, "Anything for Anna." He said, pulling me close to him my waist and pecking my lips.

Eric smiled wide, "Excellent. I can drop you off and then pick you up when you want me to, or I can also arrange a boat to bring you guys back." Jason patted Eric on the shoulder, "Thanks man."

Eric grinned, basking the appreciation from Jason. "This way to the helicopter." He said, starting to lead the way. Jason and I followed hand in hand.

A helicopter ride. Could this day get any better? I smiled to myself.