chapter 47

Anna's P.O.V

Finding Jason's room wasn't easy. I knew that it wouldn't be, of course. I mean, the room has the Jason McCann in it, and even if he was inside with broken bones, and third degree burns, I knew they would still have armed officers on guard outside his room.

I was on the 28th floor of the hospital, and this, as the last floor, had Jason. I stepped out of the lift, heaving a sigh of relief that no one was around. Then, I gripped my crushed hard again after wiping my clammy hands on my hospital dressing gown. No one was here, seriously.

I walked a few steps forward, and then my heart went on a marathon when I saw two guards on a chair, sitting outside a room. That's when I knew I had found him.

How was I going to get in though?

So I stood there in a cornor, debating whether I should go back or not. I was near tears, believe me. I had gotten so so close to seeing Jason, but no, something had to always be in the way. I couldn't go back though, I would rather die, not exaggerating. If I didn't see Jason, I knew I couldn't live with it. Maybe it was the last time but at least I could be glad that I had gotten a chance to talk to him one last time.

I had no option, than to do the only thing I had done since I had come to this hospital, and that was scream and cry and beg. If only I could somehow manage to set a foot in Jason's room...I could see him...

Sighing and with my heart beating at a thousand miles per minute, I hobbled towards the room on my crutches.

When I had finally edged close enough to the door, trembling in fear at the scene I was about to make, I realised something that put a broad grin on my face.

The two guards outside Jason's room were asleep.

I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing, so I stood there - my mouth hanging open in delight and shock.

When I finally calmed down enough, I was suspicious. I wouldn't be surprised if my mother had something to do with this...maybe put a few sleep medicines in the guard's tea. I don't know. But whatever it was I thanked my luck, and then with my clammy hands and broken leg, I pushed the door and stepped inside the room.

I was in a state of shock that this was actually happening and that I was actually doing this, so I let my eyes wander around the room. This room was definitely nicer than mine. It was beige, and it had white sofa's on the side. The moonlight was streaming in through the windows that overlooked the back garden and the night sky. It made me feel like I was back home, on the island, on our bedroom. But the best and the nicest part was waiting.

Jason was laying on a bed on the middle of the room, it was pale blue with white pillows, matching his clothes. His eyes were closed, and there was a band aid wrapped around his head, his lips were swollen, and he had a black eye probably by bumping into something while trying to save our lives on the helicopter. There were tubes attached to his arms and bandages covering his burnt skin and cuts.

This broken sight of him hurt me. It hurt so much to see him like this – fragile, breakable, vulnerable. Even in his sleep, he looked broken, defeated. I found my heart gushing in happiness while my eyes filled with tears.

I gingerly sat down on his bed, careful to hurt my already hurt broken leg, and also careful not to touch Jason. My leg was awkwardly straight, but of course I couldn't bend it. My mind screamed at me to tell him to wake up, but I couldn't trust myself to speak, in fear of breaking down, sobbing.

I scanned Jason's face, illuminated by the moonlight and I knew I didn't have long with him. Soon someone will discover I am missing and raise the alarm and then this whole thing could be spoiled.

I gently stroked his cheek, marvelling the contact. It was like gave me little jolts of electricity; his skin was cool and as smooth as marble under my hot fingers.

Jason's eyelids gently fluttered, and I watched, anxious.

Then his mocha brown eyes looked at me, holding a shocked expression in them. I didn't blame him. I couldn't help smiling as I looked at him. He looked like, he couldn't believe that what he was seeing in front of him was real, but then after a minute or so, his face cleared, breaking into its familiar mischievous smile, because we both knew, that despite the situation we were in and what was happening to us, this moment was perfect, and it couldn't be wasted.

So, when Jason started lifting his head of the pillow, my need and desire came crashing in big waves on me I crashed my lips with Jason's.

a/n
happy holidays everyone, i hope y'all have lot of fun and stay safe.
and hehe, sorry, cliff hanger.

love you all