Chapter 8

Anna's P.O.V

My eyes widened, regretting my choice of words. Jason walks slowly to me, and to that, I have no other option than to back away in fear. My back suddenly hits the fridge and I can't back away any more. Jason kept coming close, until he is only one inch away from me.

Jason towers over me with his height, blocking out all that was behind him from my view and casting a dark shadow over me.

He places his palms on both sides of my head, against the fridge. I was trapped. He smirked down on me. I gulped in fear.

I am so proud of myself. I just made Jason mad.

Jason's minty breath hit my now tear stained cheeks. He craned his head down to my level, so he could look into my eyes.

For the first time, I looked into his eyes. Our eyes met, and there was nothing but anger and frustration in his. I knew mine showed pure terror. I looked down, unable to keep the contact.

I breathed heavily, hyperventilating. I shut my eyes tightly and tried to think of something else. Even with my eyes shut, I could feel Jason staring at me. I took in a few deep breaths, before opening my eyes.

I peeked up at Jason's face. Thankfully, his anger seemed to have decreased. "Don't you ever say that again Anna." Jason spoke in a raspy voice. I quickly nodded, telling him I won't.

Just as I think I had gotten off easily, Jason brings his hands up to my face. I whimper and try to cower away, thinking he is going to hit me. Instead, he cups my cheeks in his hands delicately, and strokes it gently with his thumb, wiping away my tears.

"Why are you so possessive?" I blurt out, without thinking. Uh, God why am I so stupid?
Jason just smiles, "I am not. I just love you so much. I love you so much that I just want to protect you, to keep you away from any danger."

I scoff and mumble, "Look who's talking," under my breath. There, I have done it again. Said something stupid, again.

Jason's face turns emotion less, "Anna, I am going to let this go, but be careful of what you say. I really don't want to hurt you." I just nod again.

Jason steps away from me and my shoulders slump down, relaxing. He closes his eyes and runs his hands through his hair. He looks like he is trying to control his temper. I should be doing that, not him.

"Lets get some sleep, huh? You have had a long journey to this place, you must be tired." He says, taking my hand and leading me up the stairs.

I would really like to ask him where ''this place'' is, but I don't want to anger Jason again, so I just keep my mouth shut.

When we reach our room, Jason walks to the closet, before coming out with a pair of shorts and a tank top. These look exactly like the one I had at home. Jason throws me the clothes and I catch them hastily. Looking more closely at the shorts in my hands, I can see they are faded, which means they are not new.  They are mine.

A new fear clutches me, Jason has been to my house and gotten some clothes from there, but, what about my mother? I swear if Jason tried to harm her...

I went into the bathroom, pushing out the terrible thought in my mind. No, Jason didn't do anything to my mother, I repeat to myself, trying to believe it.

The fact that the door doesn't have a lock on it, is really bothering me. I am scared that Jason will barge in any moment and see me naked. I quickly change after talking a hair tie and tying up my long hair.
I take a deep breath before stepping out of the bathroom. I am very self conscious when it comes to wearing shorts. And thinking going in front of Jason wearing this short shorts and think tank top is making me nervous.

I come into the room and I can see Jason lying on one side of the kind sized bed, watching the TV that is hanging from the opposite wall. From what I can see, he is shirtless. The blanket is covering his body up to his waist and his stomach his left bare. I can see he has some well defined abs.

I catch myself staring at his abs and look down embarrassed. I just stand there, not knowing what to do. Jason switched off the TV and turns his attention to me, I feel more self conscious now and I can feel the heat rising up my neck.

As expected, Jason comments on my clothes. "You are so cute Anna. So pure and innocent." He compliments, making me go beet red.

"Its getting late. Lets get some sleep now."

I crossed my arms over my chest and walk over to the couch, sitting down on it. Jason watches me amused. "What are you doing baby doll?" he asks me.

"Going to sleep," I reply shortly, not looking at him. I can hear him laugh. He is so infuriating. He finally stops laughing, "Anna, you are going to sleep here," he pats the spot on the bed next to him, "not on that couch."

I frown, no way am I sleeping in the same bed as Jason. I shake my head, "No. I can sleep on the couch, its okay." I protest.

Jason stops laughing, "Anna, you will sleep here with me. Come. Now." He says with full authority in his voice.

I hate him so much. Not having the energy or the courage to protest with him anymore, I get up and walk over to the bed.

"Good girl." He smiles at me. I lie down as far as Jason as I can and turn away from him.

Jason switched off the bedside lamp, leaving the room in darkness. The only light here is the moonlight that is falling in through the open window. I hear Jason shuffle a little, before settling down.

When is he going to let me go? I think, silent tears running down my face. Surly, he is not going to keep me here. He will probably get bored and let me go soon.

Deep down, I know Jason is not going to let me go. And something tells me, he is not going to get bored either. I can only hope to be found and rescued by the police. But then, no police has ever caught Jason before so...

I shut my eyes, trying to block out these disturbing thoughts. Suddenly, I feel a strong arms being wrapped around my face and Jason pulls me to him. I squirm, trying to get away, but Jason's grip is firm. I stop struggling and just lie there. I can feel Jason's breath on my cheek and his hard abs on my back.

Jason twins his legs around mine and even though I would like to say I am uncomfortable, I am not. This position actually feels quite nice, as much as I hate to admit it.

Just as I am about to fall asleep, Jason whispers into my ear, "You are mine. I own you. I love you Anna Valentine."