Chapter 30

Anna's P.O.V

The past few days had been frustrating for me. It was Jason. He though that I was hurt and "damaged" after my discovery of this being an island and after him beating me up, so he has treated me like a baby and made sure that I had to do nothing for myself.

From making food, to even walking downstairs, it was Jason who was with me. He carried me around - more than usual, was extra nice to me, cuddled me a lot, kissed me on my cheek a lot, and just was extremely caring. My hand was almost healed, thanks to the great care Jason had taken of them.

The first time he had started acting like this, I had thought it was cute, and I had willingly let him take care of me, but soon I had grown tired of it.

"Jason?" I said, putting down the book I was reading. Jason looked up at me, "Yeah?" he gestured me to continue, raising his eyebrows.

I sighed, "Jason..." I hesitated before speaking, "You know, you really don't need to fuss over me all the time..." Jason's laughter broke in, "Its okay baby girl, I love taking care of you, its my pleasure." Jason grinned.

I sighed again, "No...but I don't...look just go back to being normal okay?". Jason smiled at me, "Whatever you want babe...I mean if that makes you happy then..." Jason shrugged, smiling.

I smiled too, at least that had been easy.

"I am going to get another book," I announced, jumping off the leather sofa and heading upstairs. Just as I got upstairs, I saw Eric come out of this room. "Hey Anna," He smiled at me, ruffling his messy curls. "Hi," I replied, a little awkward.

"Hey Anna...I have been actually wanting to talk to you about something for a long time...I just need to..." Eric said, seeming nervous.

"Uh...yeah sure, make it quick though, or Jason's going to come up here looking for me," I said. Eric smiled, relieved, pulling me by the arm into a room nearby.

The room was dimly lit and very small. I had never been here, and I glanced around with anxious eyes. What was it so secretive that Eric needed to tell me?

"Anna...I..." Eric started, nervously, a shade of pink visible on his pale cheeks in the dim light. "Go on, what do you need to tell me?" I urge him, unsure.

Eric sighed and took a deep breath, "I had been wanting to tell you this from the moment I saw you. I just didn't get the chance to with Jason and everything...but now I have got it, its all clear in my head now you see. Anna I think I have fallen for you." Eric said, tumbling over his words in excitement.

This was unexpected.

I took a step away from him, suddenly getting a bad feeling about this, a dark shade crosses over Eric's eyes, anger.

I gulp, Eric might not be America's most wanted criminal, but he is a criminal alright. "I - I - don't think this is such a great idea Eric..." I stammer, unable to get the right words out.

Eric takes one step towards me, his eyes eager his face lit up with excitement. Even in the dark room, I could see his eyes, sparkling with joy, "I can give you so much more than Jason can Anna. Don't pick him over me...I.." I shove Eric in his chest, trying to push him away from me, but he doesn't bulge.

"I am not picking anyone. Just be reasonable here Eric. You know my situation." I snap at him. "Yes I do...I know...and I can't get you out of this situation. Don't you see Anna, you are picking the wrong man to love." Eric says gripping my arm tightly, I gasp at the pain from it.

Tears sting my eyes as I struggle to pry his fingers off me and the book in my hand drops with a thud on the floor. "I don't love Jason! And I don't love you or anything either." I say. Eric's grip only tightens on my arms and a look of anger spreads over his face. "Eric, Jason is going to kill you." I say as a threat.