Chapter 29

Anna's P.O.V

Jason had shaken me gently awake when we were back in the house and urged me softy to change out of my damp dirty clothes, before going out of the room and coming back with a broom and sweeping up the shattered glass on the floor.

I had muttered an apology and Jason had dismissed it with a smile, saying, "You have nothing to apologise for baby girl. You have every right in the world to be mad at me. I deserve it.''

Quite surprised by this, I had gone to the shower. Glancing at myself, I had gasped in shock. My long ebony hair was tangled and messy and stuck to my head while streaks of dirt lined my face, my face was also shiny, from all the sweat, and my light summer dress's hem stuck to me from the dampness. I looked a mess.

I still had a light ache in my stomach, but the cut in my palm from the glass, was hurting me more. I had walked out of the bathroom, tears stinging my eyes from the pain as I held my injured hand in my other hand.

"Jason..." I had whimpered, holding it out to him. Talking one glance at my palm he had thrown the broom away, "Oh...Anna I am so so sorry," he had said in a strange sort of chocking voice, pain and guilt written all over his face.

I don't know why, but something inside me had triggered from seeing Jason like this and eager to re-assure him I had said, "Its okay, its out your fault in this...I just happened to slip and fall on the glass. I shouldn't have broken the glass in the first place."

Jason had given me a sad crooked smile, before walking to the bathroom and talking out a medical kit. His hands gentle on my shoulder, he has guided me to the bed and when I sat down, he had kneeled before me, talking my injured palm in his large one, pain in his eyes.

Focused, he had cleaned the wound with a cotton swab and some antiseptic. I had winced at the stinging pain that it has me letting out a whimper, Jason had instantly looked up at me, his eyes filled with water and more pain than I could ever imagine. He had mouthed the word, 'sorry' before quickly bandaging my hand.

Then I had a quick hot shower before eating a hot meal with Jason and going to bed. All the time, I noticed, Jason was looking guilty. I had managed a soft smile at him more than twice, re-assuring him I was okay.

Then we had gone to bed, but it was different. Jason who usually wrapped his arms around me tightly and held me close to him as I fell asleep, had muttered an pained sorry to my ears and tured his back on me and slept like that to the whole night.

That was different. That hurt. I don't know why. Its not supposed to. I should be glad he was leaving me alone. I shouldn't be feeling the need to reach out to him and comfort him. But I did. I did feel the need. Badly. And upset and confused at my self, I had let a tear run down my cheek as I caressed my injured had to my chest and fell into a deep slumber, dreaming about beautiful islands and a guy with dirty blonde hair, pink lips and brown eyes.

******

I sighed as I turned in bed waking up in the morning. In my groggy morning mind, I recollected yesterday's events. Jason beating me up after giving me a hickey, running away, Eric, finding out this is an Island, and then my mind went back to Jason again.

I turned around in bed, expecting to see Jason, but he bed was empty. So I showered as fast as I could with my injured hand and got dressed in a simple pair of leggings and a cute shirt. I left my hair down, not trying to do anything to it, knowing I couldn't get anywhere with my injured hand. I debated whether to change the dressing on my hand, but I decided to leave that to Jason freaked out.

Walking downstairs, I stopped before entering the living room, not knowing what to say to Jason. But my problem was solved when Jason came out himself.

His eyes were on his phone and he bumped into me without seeing me. "Ouch!'' I said, rubbing my shoulder.

Jason looked up and with the same pain in his eyes he groaned rubbing his temples, "What?" I asked self consciously. Jason looked at me, "I hurt you again," Jason muttered seriously.

I laughed despite myself and unable to stop myself, I gave Jason a friendly punch on his chest, "Its okay Jason...its not like you bumped into me on purpose and besides and I not even hurt," I smiled up at him.

Jason smiled back, but it wasn't his usual cocky, sure and confident smile. It was a smile he could muster through pain. I found a lump in my throat, as Jason gazed at me with affection and I tried to avoid his eyes, once again, not wanting to be mesmerised or hypnotised by them or wanting to see the emotions in them.

How could he have so much love in him for me?

"Well...babe what are you doing up? You need to rest." Jason finally said sighing. "Rest?" I repeated frowning, "Why? I am perfectly fine! And what am I doing up? Its ten in the morning Jason!" I said pointedly.

Jason rolled his eyes in a friendly manner, "You do need to rest Anna, because after what happened yesterday, you cant just be fine, come on I'll get you your breakfast and then you are going back to bed to rest." Jason said, full authority in his voice.

I threw my head back giggling. "Jason, listen to me. Stop worrying about me like this, I am fine. And I was hoping we could watch a film together. And what are you, my mom?" I laughed.

Jason looked at me, amused. "Fine then, as you wish. Its my job to fulfil your wishes anyway." Jason said smiling. But I couldn't help but notice that the pain and guilt in his eyes that never left.

Jason swiftly pecked my nose, before walking into the kitchen. Surprised, I blushed, and when I was finally under control I followed him.

I jumped up on the counter and started swinging my legs as I sat, watching Jason put some fruits in a bowl. I offered to help, but he just rolled his eyes, leaving me huffing in pretence offend.

Jason handed me a bowl full of fruits and I put my one cut apple in my mouth, slowly chewing it as I watched Jason.

"You are not going to eat?" I asked him, raising my eyebrows questioningly. Jason shook his head, "Nah..I have already eaten." He smiled.

This was an island. And I was living in it with Jason. I thought, sighing. I looked back up at Jason, seeing the same pain and guilt in his eyes.

"Jason..." I said softly...setting the bowl aside. "Yeah?" Jason nodded. I sighed, "Stop feeling guilty over what happened. You beat me up yesterday-", before I could finish Jason cut in, "I am so so so sorry for that Anna." He sighed. I smiled at him, "I know...and I forgive you. Its alright. Just as long as you don't do it again." I said.

Jason looked up at me, disbelief in his eyes, "I wont ever make that mistake ever again. If only you knew how sorry I was...but I promise you, what happened yesterday is never going to be repeated. I love you and I won't make the same mistake."

I smiled, "I know."

Jason smiled back, most of the pain and guilt gone from his face. It wasn't easy for me to forgive Jason like this. I did it not because I had to. But because I wanted to. I couldn't just stand there and watch him get eaten away by his own guilt. And I had forgiven him. Now, I realised that Jason does have a conscience. I knew that he was never going to do this to me again. I knew that he regretted it. I knew that he really loved me.

But mostly, I forgave him because I couldn't see him in pain.