chapter 48

Anna's P.O.V

It was like we had never been apart; the way we kissed. Little buds of electricity went though my lips and travelled up my body, and I smiled into the kiss, with desire that I had never left before and relief and happiness that this was happening.

When we finally pulled apart, we were both very breathless, and before I had so much to say to Jason, but now I was speechless. I sighed letting a piece of hair fall over my face, to cover the blush that was spreading on my cheeks.

It was quite for a few moments, before Jason's cool fingers were under my chin. He lifted my chin gently until I was looking into his eyes and then he sighed, "I have missed you Anna. A lot."

"Me too. A lot lot lot." I whispered, still not trusting myself enough to speak.

Jason's mocha brown eyes were light, and I could see the same happiness I felt echo in them. But happiness doesn't last forever, and this didn't either.

"Jason how are we going to get out of here? I want to go back – to the island, they they the police..." I trailed off, panic rising in my voice and sobs breaking out. Jason reached out, to hold me, but then he moaned and his face contoured in pain. My heart instantly sped up with worry, and I anxiously rubbed Jason's arms, hoping pathetically that it will soothe him.

Jason finally relaxed his face, but he still looked very pale and then he took a few breaths steadying himself before opening his eyes.

He looked at me and gave me a weak smile, "I am okay, don't worry about me babygirl." I wanted to start crying right there but I knew I must be strong so I gently started rubbing circled on his palms. Jason smiled at me again, "Two broken ribs, thats why it kind of hurts when I move." He said. He must have seen my eyes widen with worry because he hurriedly carried on, "Hurts just a little."

I wasn't a fool though, and I knew Jason was hurting a lot. I bend down, gently putting my head on his chest. I could feel his muscles flex beneath my head, and I wrapped my arms around him lightly, sighing.

I watched the full moon for a while, before I began speaking again, "What did the police do to you?" I couldn't see Jason's face but I could clearly see the expression of disgust on his voice, "They said they will keep me here until I have recovered, before putting me in jail and talking me on trials. They wouldn't let me see you sweetheart, you don't know how I wished I could rip there heads apart then. If I was fit enough, maybe I would have. I was worried about you, you were the only person on my mind. The police came in every minute, trying to ask me all these questions but all I would do is scream and swear at their faces, before they finally gave up. Not very mature, I know, but the frustration of not seeing you added on to my frustration of not being able to hit the cops." Jason said.

I lifted my head off his chest, "Jason, how many injuries did you get?" Jason sighed looking down, "It doesn't matter. I will be fine soon."
"I want to know," I was stubborn when I wanted to be.

Jason sighed, "I have two broken ribs and broken collarbone, and a couple harsh cuts and burns. That's all."

I could feel my eyes filling with tears again, "Thats all? Jason that's a lot....I am so so sorry."
At the last part Jason looked at me questioningly, "Sorry? Why? For what?"

"If you didn't rescue me, then none of this would have happened, so technically this is my fault that we are here now." I said, my lips trembling.
Jason's eye darkened and his reply was almost angry, "Anna don't you ever say that. If I didn't save you, I couldn't live okay? I wouldn't ever be able to forgive myself for not saving you and I would eventually go insane. I need you Anna. I had to save you. Dont ever blame this on yourself. If it was anyone's fault, then it was Eric's okay? Not yours."

Then Jason's voice was more gentle, "Its not like you weren't hurt." He said gesturing towards my leg. I let out a shaky laugh, "Broken." Jason smiled, "At least that makes us equal for now." But then he was serious again, "It doesn't hurt too much right?" He asked anxiously. I shook my head, "The painkillers are working so no."

My eyes spotted a clock on the wall, 1:15.

I had been missing for more than a hour, I should get back now.

"Jason I need to go...If they know I am missing then..." I sighed, I didn't want to leave Jason. It was clear he didn't either. But his face brightened and he said, "Babygirl, do you think you can manage to come and see me again tomorrow?" he asked. I grinned, "Tomorrow night." I promised.

Jason smirked, "The cops wont guess this. Ever." Then he gently pulled my face towards him and kissed me, and then reluctantly pulled away.

I gripped my crutches before getting up. "Bye." I turned around, my eyes turning glassy. "My day will be long without you babygirl, but it will be worth it when I see you."

I smiled before talking one last look at him and hobbling towards the door, the guards were probably still asleep. I laughed in victory inside.

Before I was about to pull the door and go out Jason called out, "Anna?"
"Yes?" I asked, turning around.
"I love you." Jason said seriously.
I smiled, "I love you too." I said.

Hobbling down the corridor, there was a huge smile planted on my lips. What Jason had said was true, tomorrow was going to be a long day without him, but it would be worth it at night.