chapter 38

Anna's P.O.V

"So why didn't you want me to find out that this was an island at first?" I ask Jason, shoving a spoonful of hot scrambled eggs in my mouth. They burned my mouth, but I chewed them anyway, watching Jason with concentration as he sipped of some coffe.

Jason laughed, "Still on the question game sweetheart?" I nodded, "Of course, I have to know everything about you. Just like you do about me."

Jason looked a bit smug and then he chuckled, "That took two years of research about you, to find out everything. We can take it slow here."

I shook my head stubbornly, "I dont want to take it slow." Jason smirked, "Give your shinning star some time babe," He winked at me, making me blush instantly with the memories of last night.

Last night had been great. Our small conversation had cleared so much of things between us, I was happy. I had drifted off to sleep after playing around with Jason, on the couch in the balcony. But when I had woken up this morning I was back in bed - Jason had carried me.

We had slept in late after falling asleep late last night, and Jason suggested a swim before breakfast. I had agreed instantly, wanting nothing more than to do what we had done the mother morning again. Swim around in the sea, carefree in the blue waves.

We had done just that, but this time I had kept Jason talking. I had hurdled him with questions, not giving him a minute between each to rest in my eagerness to know him more.

He was addictive to me. I just couldn't help but crave to hear the smooth tone of his voice talking, a husky edge to them. It drove me crazy. Crazy in love.

Jason talked freely enough, not hesitating in his answers. I asked him about his now gone family, his past with this Uncle in Poland and about his gang now.

He told me lots - about how bad his Uncle mistreated him, never feeding me or getting him education. He told me about his gang members and the missions he had been on. The talked fondly about two members of the gang, Chaz and Em. He said they were his close friends. He told me about some missions of his, and I listened, even though I had no interest in that sort of thing, I found myself listening with curiosity and fascinating and marvelling over his skills as a criminal. I cringed at some frightening bits, and Jason had watched me carefully, waiting for me to scream at him or run away and looking content, amused and happy when I did none of those.

When he talked about his saviour, I noticed a gleam in his eye. A gleam of sorrow and respect at the same time. He clearly loved and missed the guy that had shown him the criminal things. That had saved him. Jason said his name was Benjamin. And somehow, it suited him. I imagined a tall, muscular guy in my head, dangerous yet with a kindly face. Taking care of Jason and teaching him to be the way be way today. And I found tears in my eyes when Jason repeated the part where the police had shot him.

I felt bad that Jason had to loose so many loved ones in his lives. I could see though his tough mask now, all the down to his heart. He was scarred, and I wanted nothing more that to protect him and heal his pain. It made me vow to myself all over again, that I would never ever do something to hurt Jason or loose him.

We had finally waded out of the cool crystal clear water after swimming till the sun was high in the sky, and I had made breakfast.

I couldn't stop my questions. I to know more. I needed to know more. I wanted to know more.

The hot eggs burned my throat but I kept my face smooth and listened to Jason talk.

"I didn't tell you this was an island at first because I didn't want to upset you more. You were already to mad, so upset...that I took you. You were so venerable Anna, and I wanted to show you that I wouldn't hurt you but I had earned my self a reputation and you were afraid of me. I didn't want you to be afraid Anna. All I wanted...all I craved was your love. And with each harsh words you flung at me, I worried and cried inside, hoping and praying that I had done the right thing by taking you and this would work out. I tried to be cock sure about it, but a big part of me feared that my dreams would be the opposite of what I wanted, and that you would only hate me more." Jason sighed. He reached out across the table, touching my hand softly, but even that soft touch send jolts of pleasurable electricity down my body.

"You don't fear me now, do you Anna?" He asked slowly, his voice soft and searching. I smiled, placing my other hand on top of his, "No I not fear you. I love you."

Jason smiled, "Well...Thats more than I should deserve." I frowned, "No don't say that..." I began, but Jason cut in, "Every hate word you threw at me punched me in the gut, everytime you whimpered when I touched you and flinched, I slapped myself in my head. I had been cruel to people in the past Anna. Really cruel. But with you its different, I felt remorse. Remorse for hurting you. I am so sorry Anna." Jason whispered towards the end.

Why am I letting him do this? Feel more pain because of me?

I got up suddenly, scraping the chair hard against the wood. I walked behind Jason and wrapped my arms around him. I buried my nose in the crook of his neck, breathing in the sweet intoxicative honey and lilac sent. It made my head spin, my heart race.

I bought my ears up to his lips and being careful but loving this side to me, I whispered, "Dont ever be sorry for doing this to me. Sure it caused me pain. Hurt me. But love demands pain right? And I am in love. With you. And my pain is over, atleast for the moment." I kissed Jason on the cheek.

I gasped in shock as Jason picked my up in his arms and whirled me around in a swift, unreal fast movement. Laughter erupted from my mouth, like bells tingling, and my stomach churned in a good way as Jason kept spinning me around in his arms.

He finally stopped, my head my spinning again, and I panted, out of breath. I wrapped my legs around Jasons waist and my arms around his shoulders. I looked down in his mocha brown eyes, smiling. I never wanted to let go of this feeling.

"Anna Valentine, I promise you, as long as you are with me and as long as I love you, you will never ever feel pain again." Jason spoke slowly, never taking his eyes of mine. I smiled wide, knowing that he truly meant each of his words. "I know. That was love is all about right?" I said, and without waiting a second longer, I dove for his lips, making us both collapse on the sofa behind us.