chapter 55

Anna's P.O.V

"You know how to fly?" I asked Jason in woder as he took a seat in the helicopter. Jason grinned at me, "I can do anything. I laughed, "Sure you can,"

Jason strapped me in my seat his fingers working swiftly over the buckles. "Done," he pulling away, and pecking my lips. I blushed, taking a deep breath – here we go, flying again.

Jason gripped the control stand, looking at me, "Anna, you will be fine. Just relax." I tried to do exactly that, so I closed my eyes, but it was hard. The images haunted my mind, stuff that I never wanted to remember again danced behind my closed lids.

I sighed opening them in frustration. As the helicopter started lifting of the ground, I focused on Jason's face. It was a very good distraction. It was beautiful, glowing with happiness but in a mask of concentration. I loved him so so much. I smiled, knowing he did too.

Jason muttered sweet things under his breath as we rose higher up in the sky, and I found myself slowing relaxing under his cooing words. I resisted looking out of the window though. Maybe I would be scared of the height of the rest of my life now. But, as long as I had Jason by my side, I knew everything was going to be alright. I could walk on burning coal, but if I had Jason with me, I would be smiling while doing that.

Yes. That's how much I love him.

Jason looked at me, '' Killing people is so evil. You know Anna, I hate myself for doing it."

"What?" I asked, surprised. Jason gave me a sad look, "Just imagine it Anna. Thousands of lovers like us, in distress all across the world, because of me."
"Why..." I trailed, naive.
Jason sighed, his eyes set on the sky before him but I kept gazing steadily at him, "Why?" I asked again, gently.

"Because I kill them! I kill people! My gang mates kill people because I told them to do it!" Jason snapped, his eyes darkening.
"Okay..." I was unsure of where this was going.
"Don't you see Anna? I have been separating lovers. Killing love. I am so so cold hearted. Just think of how upset and angry you would feel if I wasn't in this world today. If someone snatched you away from me. I felt it Anna. I felt the stabbing pain, the nagging aches and the blinding anger. Because I thought I lost you. Forever. In hospital I had time to think about this. And you have no idea how terrible I felt. Karma they say," Jason's lips twisted into a sad smile.

"I never want to feel that again," Jason sounded to vulnerable, that I found there was a lump in my throat, I gently wrapped my arm loosing around his. "You wont." I say.

"Yes but others will. I am sorry, I wished I wasn't Jason McCann you know Anna...I wish I could just have a normal life where we would be a normal couple. But...I... I'm a monster."

"Dont!" I whispered, pained to see him like this. "Jason, its okay. You are not a monster."

"I would never forgive myself if anything happened to you because of me Anna. I have been pretending to be something I am not. And I have been pretending for so long, that I have fooled myself to become the person. I wanted to cover up the pain. Why did my parents have to die? Why? I asked myself that for so long. But you have taken away the pain Anna. You're good for me. I fe feel protective and happiness when I am around you. Like, I don't want you to be hurt. But thats exactly what I was doing. Ruthlessly hurting people."

Jason sighes, and I watch as a perfect tear slides down his face. "Then don't do it Jason." I whisper.

Jason looked at me, confused, "I have come too far Anna, I can't just..."
"No!" I snap you can, "You can. Rob banks, do whatever you have to get money. I get that part. You are who you are. And I know its not your fault. But this part – at least stop killing people."

There was a few moments of silence in the helicopter before Jason spoke again, "Okay. I swear, I wont do that ever again." Jason said, looking deep into my eyes. I knew he would make this decision. I smiled, "I would kiss you right now if I wasn't strapped up." Jason grins, as if a great big weight has been lifted off his shoulders, "Me too."

"I can't believe we had that talk up in the sky." I laughed. Jason smirked, "But I am so glad we did."
"Tell me how you escaped form them," I ask. Jason laughed, "As eager as ever, maybe later,"

I know he is still the same famous Jason McCann. Hot tempered, savage and clever and dangerous. But he is also caring, loving, sweet and safe. And I wouldn't change him for the world.