Chapter 28

Anna's P.O.V

"Jason can't just own an island! Its not possible." I shook my head, trying to deny the horrible truth. I didnt want to believe that I had been bought to a deserted island away from everyone and was living here with the world's most dangerous criminal. Truth couldn't be so bitter.

But deep down, I knew it was. I knew this was reality; no matter how much I wished it to be a nightmare.

"Well it is possible," Eric stated with a sigh. My mind raced with my hard, it was like they were trying to compete, see who could go faster. Uncontrollable negative thoughts fogged my mind; what if Jason killed me here? No one would ever find out as my body rotted.

I was desperate, my breaths came out in short gasps, I fought to bring myself under control. "Well there must be a way to get out!", I exclaimed, racking my brain; I was so close to getting home, I wasn't going to give up now. "What about a boat?" I asked my foggy mind lighting up, "Yeah what about a boat? You must be using that to go out of here right? I mean its impossible to swim." I asked Eric like and idiot. But, I knew there had to be some way to get out.

"Yes that's right...we do have boats..." Eric said slowly. I clutched his arm, "Then please please just help me get out." I begged.

Eric placed an arm over mine, "We do have boats, many boats, but Jason has all the keys hidden away. He only gives us the keys when he wants us to go out on a mission or to buy something. He's the boss here Anna. If you want to get out, you will have to get through him. I am sorry, but I just can't help, its not in my hands. Cooperate with him Anna. Just try and love him." Eric said, sympathising.

I jumped back from Eric, an alien look filing my eyes as I shook my head in disbelief at the extremes Jason had crossed.

"That right." I head a husky deep voice repeat a few metres behind me. I spun around, in shock.

Jason. Of course him. Who else?

Jason had his shit hung lazily over his shoulder instead of wearing it, his abs shown glistening in sweat and he was only wearing his jeans and a pair of sneakers.

He ran a hand through his hair, tugging it out of frustration. He didn't seem mad anymore. Just sorry and...frustrated.

"Jason..." I trailed off not knowing what to say. "This is your island?" I questioned the obvious. Jason nodded, "Used to be my dad's but I inherited it from him after he died." Jason simply stated. His father was dead? Did Jason kill him? No...he couldn't be that heartless.

I back around, looking over the horizon. For as far as my eyes could look, I could see water, nothing but water. The sun like the top of an orange was setting into the vine red sea. The placed glistened, an amazing array of gold and orange. The sand was golden, warm soft and comforting under my feet. Sea gulls squawked over us. They were free, they could fly away, do whatever they want.

I couldn't. I was stuck with an obsessive lover.

Eric cleared his throat awkwardly, "I guess I should be heading back." he said rubbing the back of his neck and starting to walk away. He shot a rueful glance at Jason before quickly lowering his eyes and jogging out of sight.

So it was just me and Jason, I shivered inspite of the fact I was hot.

Jason started walking towards me, I backed away into the waves, defensive and scared. Jason retreated his steps, clearly hurt at my gesture. He threw his hands up in surrender.

"Its okay Anna..." Jason said is voice soft, I wanted to believe him, but I couldn't. "Its not okay!" I scream, tears already stinging the back of my eyes. "You give me a hickey, then say all lovey dovy stuff to me and then beat me up and and let me go only so I can know that this is your island! Its not okay Jason." I say, a sob escaping my lips.

Jason's eyes was filled with remorse and guilt. Huh, it was probably fake. Jason didn't feel guilty.

But now he looked guilty. "Anna I hit you. You are hurt...physically and emotionally because of me." Jason said, his voice filled with grief.

A tear shining in the sun, rolled down his check. He quickly turned away, wiping it so I couldn't see it. But I did see. I saw the hurt, the desperation and he was feeling, and for the first time I relaised something. Maybe I was kidnapped and put in an island by Jason, an helpless situation, but maybe...just maybe Jason was the real helpless one here. Because now I could tell. Now it showed.

Jason McCann was crying. And I wanted to comfort him, even though I was the one who clearly needed comforting.

"Anna I am sorry. So so so sorry. I don't know what took over me then. You slapped me, and no ones ever done that before. But I did deserve it. I deserved a thousand more slaps now. And I could honestly take a bullet through my heart, to show how much I am sorry." Jason said, his voice strained and sorry.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" I said, my tone hard and my voice chocking. "I was afraid too." Jason answered meeting my eyes.

"Afraid?" I scoffed, disbelieving. What was the Jason McCann afraid of?

"Yes afraid. I knew you wouldn't like me because I took you. And I was afraid that if you knew this then you would never love me and do something crazy." Jason confessed his eyes meeting mine.

"Well guess what Jason? I still will do something crazy to get out of here. Maybe I will jump into the ocean and swim home if I have to get away from you" I said, "And you are saying sorry...but you are still hurting me."

Jason groaned, he shut his eyes and his muscles flexed and tensed at my words, "Dont say that Anna, I cant figure out what I did wrong? I did everything possible...that I could to make you haooy and you...Is it because I took you? Is that why you have something against me?" Jason asked, pulling his dirty blonde hair is anticipation and frustration.

Another wave of pain hit my stomach and the world swirled for a second, and without meaning to, I collapsed on the sand on my knees. I scrambled to get up, but the cut in my palm stung bad and I fell back down on the sand with a grunt. The waves washed over me, soothing my prickly hot skin with its icy coolness and drenching the hem of my dress.

Jason was beside me in an instant, his strong arms at my shoulder, supporting. "Its okay. I am sorry, but its okay." Jason whispered into my ear soothingly. I could still hear the pain in his voice, but there was also something in it that comforted me. Made me believe him.

"I got you when you need me. I love you." Jason mumbled into my ear, "Oh God what have I done to you...Lets get you inside, I need to see to those nasty wounds." Jason muttered, almost to himself.

He scooped me up into his arms easily like I weighed only 10 pounds. He carried me, walking back to the house I think.

I just felt so exhausted and I let Jason carry me without a protest. I rested my aching head against his hard chest. I could feel his swaying under me as he walked and the movement was gently and soothing. Jason kept whispering sorry's into my ears with other stuff that I failed to catch in my haze.

I could see the sea and the sky, both a bright shade or mixed orange and red over Jason's shoulders. My foggy mind could process no more as my eyes fluttered shut and I fell asleep in Jason's arms and the beautiful horizon.