Chapter 31

Anna's P.O.V

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I looked up, took a deep breath, and then looked back down on the page again.

Mr Charlie Valentine.

His name was still there. My fathers name.
This was real.
I wasn't trapped in a nightmare.

In my shock, I dropped the file, slumping down in the bed. I pressed my hand across my mouth, chocking back the scream that was building up inside me. The lump in my throat kept getting bigger and bigger, but I sat there. Still. Unable to take in, or to believe in what the truth was.

All those years, without my father, had all just been because of Jason. I could have had my happy life. Stayed in the country side. Gone to school there. Mother could have had her luxury life, not having to work hours on end. My father would have also been happy, it would have all been the same if Jason hadn't done this. My father would have been alive.

He is not.
And I blame that on Jason.
The person who says he loves me.

My tears come then, rushing one after the other. It reminds me of Alice in wonderland. How Alice cried a pool of tears. The tears are of anger, despair and hurt. My father was gone from this world, I had accepted that truth, but accepting that Jason had killed him, made it so much harder.

Jason came in then.

"Anna! You ran from the beach like that....whats wrong? Did I..." he began, but then he broke off seeing me here like this.

I stood up, then. Anger. Hatred. All directed towards Jason.

"You killed my father, didn't you?" I ask Jason, my voice hard and emotionless when there was so much pain inside me.

Jason looked shocked. I watched as the colour drained from his face. He went pale, deathly pale. And then, he looked scared.

I didn't let the act get into me. "You killed my dad didn't you?" I screamed at him, my voice high pitched and tears streaming down my face in a torrent. This time though, I was unable to keep the pain away from my voice. It cut though the air, tensing the atmosphere more.

Jason stared at me, shock written all over his face.

"What did my family ever do to you that you had to bring us to such a hell hole? You killed my father Jason! And you knew all along that you did, and yet you never told me. Why? You wanted me to find out like this huh? You say you love me, but you really don't!" I scream more.

My voice hurts, my eyes keep producing tears and my body is hot.

"I thought you loved me. I was starting to believe you. I was starting to like you. I thought you wouldn't hurt me anymore. I was so so wrong.  Jason why, why would you do this?" I asked, my voice lower now, almost like a whisper, vunerable.

I had never felt so miserable in my life.

Jason, who hadn't been able to get a word in, stood where he was. Tears in his eyes. They held pain. He looked at me like he was sorry. Like he was hurt. Broken. Damaged by my hurt and my words.

An overwhelming feeling of confusion swept though me. Why would America's most wanted criminal be hurt by me? The idea made me scoff mentally even though my pain.

"You snatched a child away from her father. You are the reason my mother and I had live in that dumpster. You are the reason I am crying Jason."

Jason opened his mouth to say something. But I beat him to it.

"You know what Jason? Leave it. I-I I don't care anymore. I just want to go home now. Away from this. Away from you." I said, walking towards the door.

Jason made no attempt to stop me, but silent tears made their way down his face.

I went to the door, and just as I walked past him, I stopped, "And I thought I was falling for you. Can you believe that?" I said softly, before slamming the door behind him, and running out of the house, sobs racking my body.