chapter 52

Anna's P.O.V

It was not long before we heard police sirens behind us. I cringed; it bought back bad memories. Jason placed his hand on my thigh and squeezed gently, momentarily taking his eyes of the road, "Anna, trust me on this, they wont catch us again."

The confidence in his voice was calming and I gave him a grin, settling back in my seat, trying to enjoy the speed that Jason was driving in. Suddenly his slowed, and I looked nervously at him. There was a wicked gleam in his eyes as he deliberately slowed the car more, and in panic I glanced behind us, the police cars were catching up fast.

"Jason! What are you doing? Stop playing around – they'll catch us." I shrieked, my voice was too high pitched with panic. Jason on the other hand, seemed relaxed. "Oh, will they?" He asked, almost in a mocking tone, smirking at me.

"Yes!" I screamed at him, wanting nothing more than to snatch the wheel and drive it faster myself. Jason took a sharp turn towards the left, causing me to fly towards the window with the violence. He picked up the maximum speed of the car again and then glanced at me worriedly, "Sorry I didn't mean to jerk you like that. You okay?" I nodded, panting with my adrenaline rush.

Then I understood what he had been doing once I glanced at the car's mirror's again. The twenty or forty police cars that had been following us were now just a tiny speck of dust in a distance. "Jason! That was..." I  burst out laughing, speechless. Jason grinned at me, "I love to play around with them. Drives them mad."

When I finally recover from laughing, Jason smiles at me, "Your laughter is the best sound in the world, you know baby?" he mutters, leaning in to kiss me.

"Eyes on the road?" I snap playfully, shifting away from his touch. Jason looked amused, "Oh, going to be a tease now are you?" he says. I grin at him, "Look who's talking!" Jason laughs, still while speeding down the road.

We have left the police far far behind us now. I don't know where we are heading, but it seems like we are going out of London. We are in the deserted part of the country, with large meadows and wind mills. I spot them as we race down the bumpy road in the dark.

"Where are we going?" I ask Jason. He looks at me and smiles again, "To a hotel." I sit up, surprised. "But that's too dangerous, they'll come looking for us there."

Jason sighs, "Its almost insulting how little you trust me," "Jason! I didn't mean it like that. I am just worried that they will take me away from you again. I cant imagine what I would do if they did that."

Jason looked at me and his eyes soften, "Anna, they won't catch us. The hotel that I have chosen for us in a remote and desolate area two hours away from here. Its not safe to head back to the island right now. I need to make arrangements, for another helicopter and all that. You'll be fine. Trust me." Jason bends in and kisses my cheek.

"Okay then," I agree reluctantly. Jason smiles, "Go to sleep babygirl."

"I'm not sleepy. I want to talk to you. Tell me how you escaped." I ask. Jason chuckles, "Always so eager."

"Please." I say, sitting up and pouting. Jason glances at me and then frowns, "Anna do you have any idea how innocent you look when you do that? Its distracting. I'll tell you that later. Sleep now."

"No." I state. "Stubborn as ever," Jason mutters, distracted while gazing at the small GPS attached to the car. "What are you doing?" I lean in, curious.

"Just monitoring where the police are. Seems like they have lost track of us." Jason states smugly, and then he frowns at me, "Sleep." He commands in an authorities voice.

I slump back against my seat, "So bossy." I complain. Jason chuckles, reaching out to switch on the radio in the car. "This will help you sleep."

A soft melodic lifting music fills my eyes, and I sigh in bliss. It just the piano playing, I don't know what piece this is, but whoever is playing it must be really talented.

"What is this? Its so good." I mumble, sleepily. Jason smiles at me, looking embrassed, "Its me, playing the piano. I like to put it in CDs."

I sit up again, "You composed them?" I ask in awe. Jason nods. I am honestly stunned, "Wow, Jason this is amazing."

Jason strokes my chin, "You must be tired. Sleep Anna." I don't want to sleep, but I am tired and my eyes close as the piano plays in the background, soothing me to sleep.          

******

Jason is gently shaking me awake, I open my eyes and Jason smiles down at me, "We are here Anna."

I yawn, surprisingly I felt fresh. I looked outside, and we appeared to be surrounded by trees. I gave Jason a confusing look. "Sorry, I had to park the car away somewhere so no one would find it. Its only ten minute walk from here to the hotel."

Jason stepped out of the car, and jogged over to the other side to open my door. He held out his hand, and I took it, climbing out of the car.

We started heading out of the small wood, and I shivered and Goosebumps rose in my arms from the chilly wind. I looked down at myself, and for the first time I noticed that I was wearing a soft green velvet dress that flopped around in the wind. I sighed, this is what happens when you blindly put on clothes.

"Anna, your shivering." Jason said, taking of his coat and wrapping it around my shoulders. I stuck my arms through the sleeves, it was too big for me and warm, because Jason had already worn it. It smelled deliciously of him, like heaven. I snuggled inside it, grinning like an idiot.

"Something funny?" Jason asked, looking amused. I pressed my lips together, "Nah its nothing." Jason looked even more amused and then he gave a shug, chuckling quietly to himself, "So mysterious."

Me? Mysterious? The thought almost made me laugh out loud.

We continued walking through the woods, and then when we finally stepped out of the trees, my mouth dropped open. I had expected a dimly lit motel, instead, standing in front of me in the middle of the woods, surrounded by large pine trees was the most beautiful cottage I had ever seen.

They was a little pond outside, illuminated with lights, that had lotuses floating on it. Beautiful flowers surrounded the cottage, and some roses even climbed on the wooden house, making it look perfect.

"This place is beautiful," I breathed out, Jason smiled, "I thought you might like it."

Inside the cottage it felt cozy, it was modern inside though. A fake antelope head is hung over the reception table at the middle of the room, and under our feet there was soft carpet. The clock reads 12:30, its late. A few wooden sofas are set on the side and a fire crackled beside it. It smelled of pine and lilac here – an absolute lovely mixture.

The lady at the reception desk, didn't seem to recognise Jason, but she was surly intimidated by him. She blushed and fumbled, stuttering at every word, and looking flustered.

"H-h-ere are the k-k-eys...to your r-r-room. E-enjoy your stay." She managed shakily. I felt sorry for her.

In the elevator, on the way to our room I nudged Jason, "That was so mean." Jason looked confused, "What?"

"What you did to that lady." I stated.
Jason grinned, "That wasn't my fault."

"Stuck up." I muttered under my breath, just as the elevator door opened.
"What was that?" Jason asked, his face filled with humour. 

"You are stuck up." I told Jason, playing the game. He smirked, "Am I now? I think your forgetting your manners Miss Valentine."

"Maybe I am." I state innocently. Jason looked amused, "Then I have to punish you to teach you some manners."

And with that he scoops me up in his arms, and I laugh and pretend to hit him. He carries me to our room and unlocks it, carrying me inside.

I don't even get a chance to look around the room because Jason throws me down on the bed, I laugh, gazing up at him, "Punishment?" I tease him with a smile.

He grins, amused again, and before I know it, he is tickling me so hard that I am breathless with laughter. After about five minutes of tickling torture, Jason stops and pins me down beneath him on the bed. He gently kisses me, but for the first time, my body is tingling for more.

Jason stops and looks down into my eyes, "You are mine." He says, his eyes burning with happiness and desire.

I smile, "Yes, all yours."