Chapter 17

Irene's pov
After we all had dinner and talk, we were getting to leave when Coltons mom asked Irene may I talk to you?

I looked at her than at Colton and said ok and we walked out to her backyard. It was the most beautiful thing I saw.

I said you have a beautiful backyard and garden Ms. Russo and she smiled and said thank you sweetheart my mom and my sisters helped me with it I always loved gardening.

I smiled and said same I used to help my mom with her garden all the time be I hope to have a beautiful backyard and garden of my own one day.

She said I heard what happened to your mom I am so sorry Irene if you need anything I'm here and my eyes got watery but I pushed the tears back and said thank you I appreciate it.

We walked through the garden and she said listen I know my son can be a pain in the ass and a handful but please give him a chance he didn't believe in love anymore til he saw you.

I blushed but than I thought no Irene he's a criminal he doesn't deserve a chance. I looked at her and said I don't think I can Ms. Russo we don't belong together.

She stops walking and I stopped breathing for a minute cause I was scared and she said I know it's hard he's just like his father but he can be a sweetheart please Irene he needs you he only has me, Nolan, you, and the gang.

I looked at her confused and said what about his grandma and she looked away and I can see that she's trying not to cry and she said s she's dying Irene she has leukemia and it has got worse after her husband had died 4 years ago.

She start sobbing and I hugged her and rubbed her back and said everything will be ok Ms. Russo and she said please just be there for him I don't care what it is just please besides me and Nolan you are the only one that can calm him down.

I sighed and nod my head and said ok and we pull away and she wiped her tears and said thank you Irene I appreciate this please don't tell him it would hurt him he loves her so much.

I said are you going to tell him and she hesitated but said yes I will after her appointment on Sunday and I nod my head and we walked back inside.

I get in the car with Colton and i just looked at him because even though he's a criminal he also goes through shit too.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think I'm going to give him a chance.

Colton's pov
Ever since we all got home, Irene hasn't said a word and I wonder what her and my mom was talking about?

I go into my room and change out of my outfit and I put on some boxers and a shirt so I won't make Irene horny haha kidding. Or maybe not.

I knocked on Irene's door and I heard her yell come in and I opened the door to see her laying down in a big shirt and watching a movie and I got out of my thoughts when she said well are you gonna stand there staring or are you gonna come in and talk?

I chuckled and walked in and closed the door and said you are always sassy and she smiles and said it runs in my family and I smiled and sat on her bed.

She sat up and said did you need anything and I said well I was coming in here to check on you cause you been quiet and nervous I guess did my mom say something to you to scare you?

She smiled and said no Col your mom is very sweet i like her and what me and her talk about is a secret and I rolled my eyes playfully and said come on I know there is something you wanna tell me.

She giggled and said nope the only thing I will tell you is that me and her have some in common and that is gardening and i bursted out laughing and she looked at me and said what u laughing at?

I said cause you actually like gardening and she laughed and said yes me and my mom did it all the time it's so relaxing and I smiled and said well you can add anything to my garden anytime you want and her eyes lit up and she beautifully smiled wide and said really?!

I nod my head smiling and said of course this home is yours now you are welcome to anything and she looked out the window to see the stars and moon and asked why are you being so nice to me Colton?

I caressed her cheek and said cause I love you Irene Maryanne Elizabeth Gonzalez and always will I will never stop loving and I kissed her cheek and forehead and get up.

I opened the door and she softly said goodnight Colton and I smiled and turned around and said goodnight sweets sweet dreams and turned off her light and closed the door.

I'm happy that she is slowly opening up to me I like it.

So Colton and Nolan's grandma is dying how do y'all feel about that?

What you guys think is gonna happen now that Irene might give Colton a chance and he told her that he loves her.