Chapter 21

Bangkok

Perth stared at himself in the floor length mirror with a blank expression on his face. The party already started downstairs and he wanted to throw up. He was nervous and he needed Saint in his arms. But his petite boyfriend had ignored him since their argument that day near the lake and keep telling him that he was busy and avoiding him. Perth had instructed Albert to forbid any young maids from involved in serving in the party but the loyal butler said that it was out of his supervision since Tuli Tanapon was the one in charge of the party. Perth groaned internally of his stupid situation. He really didn't know whether his soon to be made decision was right or wrong but he already thought about it and it might be the best at the moment. He would explain to Saint later and he was sure that Saint would understand the situation he was in. But still.., he sighed again.

He looked at his outfit. He was wearing an expensive suit with pointed fancy shoes and his hair was styled. He thought that he looked handsome but he wanted only Saint to admire him.

Suddenly, he heard a knock at his closet door. "Yes?"

Albert showed his face through the door "Sir, the guests are here and your parents are waiting for you downstairs," he said.

Perth groaned as he looked down at his watch. He thought to himself, I can do this.

He fixed himself up one more time before he left the room and made his way downstairs. As he was walking down the grand stairs, he could hear the classical music and people chattering. The shiny huge chandelier came into his sight when he was making his way by the grand staircase catching the guests' attention.

He physically froze when he saw his parents were in the middle of a happy conversation with Bua's parents as the said woman was smiling shyly at the side. As he got closer to them, he saw how unflattering Bua's dress looked on her and how the dress would've fit Saint better. He scoffed in distaste.

They turned and looked up at Perth with smile on their face. Perth watched with a composed expression while approaching them.

Bua of course, noticed how Perth was staring at her which made she thought that he was admiring her rushed forward and clung at Perth's arm and said, "We've been waiting for you Perth." She said smiling sweetly.

And at that moment, Perth could have sworn that he saw Saint silhouette at the corner of the hall near the buffet table. He grabbed a glass of champagne from a passing butler before downing it in one go. If he wanted to survive, he needed some alcohol in his system.

Bual stared at him admiringly. "Oh Perth I cannot wait," she gushed. "I'm so happy when papa told me about it."

Perth frowned, pulling his arm away from Bua's grip. "Listen here Bua, I have something to tell you. This situation is not what you think it is."

Bua scowled but didn't back away from Perth, linking her arm around Perth instead.

In the middle of their conversation, Tanapon loud voice could be heard from in the middle of the hall, "Attention everyone."

Perth's head snapped towards that voice with Bua still clinging at his arm. He could see his father and mother standing side by side with Bua's parents smiling brightly when everyone's attention was directed to them.

"Good evening everyone. I hope you all are enjoying the party," Tanapon said smiling when the guests responded brightly.

"Well then, I guess it's time announce one more happy news to all of my relatives and friends. In honor of my business partner and best friend, Mudchima Pluempitiviriyavaj" he paused smiling at Mudchima who was smiling while raising his champagne glass at him. "I would like to announce that in this lovely evening, my son Perth Tanapon Sukumpantanasan is to be engaged to Bua Mudchima Pluempitiviriyavaj!"