Chapter 22

Bangkok.

Perth brushed his fingers into his hair, a habit of his before twisting the door knob. He stepped inside when he saw Tanapon was studying something on a paper in front of him.

"We need to talk. I have something to tell you." He said without introduction standing in front of the desk.

Tanapon lifted his head staring up at his son.

"Son, have a sit first." He said taking his reading glasses off his face.

Perth plopped down on the chair opening his mouth to talk.

"Something important came up. You need to be in New York tomorrow for an urgent meeting. The Japanese company requested for you." Tanapon explained clasping his hands together on the desk.

Perth frowned at the unexpected news but nodding his head nevertheless. "I'll go."

Tanapon nodded his head, proud of his son.

"Actually, I want to talk about last night. I'm sorry for disappearing in the middle of the party but something important came up," he explained.

Tanapon lifted his hand stopping his son before smiling gently at him. "It's alright Perth. I don't want to blame you. I know that I've pressured you lately so you are allowed to release some of the stress."

"About that," Perth's eyebrows furrowed. "I want to call the engagement off." He stated firmly. "I'm not into this and it will cause problems in the future and I don't want for Bua get involved in this mess."

Tanapon formed a straight smile that didn't reach his eyes. "Perth, we'll talk about this later. To many things happened at one time and I promise you we'll sort it out one by one."

"I want you to know that I have a boyfriend and I love him so much." Perth exclaimed with a gentle smile on his face. "And I want to marry him in the future."

Tanapon wanted to slam his palm onto the desk, but controlling himself by gripping his armrest tightly. "We'll talk about this later alright. Just prepare for the meeting and tell Mean to get ready. Your flight is on early morning tomorrow." He exclaimed.

"I'm serious dad," Perth frowned. "We're going to clear this out once I come back from New York. Are we done?" He asked.

"I know son, I know," Tanapon smiled. "Just do your best and do not worry about anything else okay?"

Perth nodded his head agree with his dad before excusing himself. He wanted to see his lover. He went to the small gate near the garden waiting for Saint to walk through his usual route. He saw the smaller boy from far walking delicately with his head looking down. Perth hid behind some camelia bush waiting to ambush Saint.

He caught Saint around his waist when the boy walked pass him. "Perth!" Saint gasped breathlessly in the embrace when he saw Perth.

Perth smiled at him before kissing his lips gently. "You feel warm," Perth frowned looking into Saint's eyes. "Are you not feeling well?"

"Humm," Saint hummed burying his face in Perth's broad chest. "I don't think so, maybe just the changes of weather."

Perth tightened his arms around Saint nuzzling his face in Saint's soft and sweet-smelling hair. "Please take care of yourself properly kitten. I don't want for you to get sick when I'm not around." He said lifting Saint's face from his chest.

"I know, thanks." Saint nodded his head smiling sweetly at him.

"Hmm," Perth hummed while tucking Saint's fringe away from his eyes.