Chapter 39

Chiang Mai.

Perth rang the bell beside the huge double wooden door once before stepping backwards. He fixed his posture to a composed one but his throat swallowed nervously.

"Hello-" he said, pausing when he saw Miriam whom had opened the door.

"Mr. Tanapon," Miriam acknowledged him. "Please come in sir."

"Thank you," Perth said, nodding his head while smiling politely.

"I'll go get Phu for you, he's upstairs." Miriam said to him before she disappeared around a corner.

"Sure" Perth muttered to no one. He stared at a bouquet of pink carnations in his hand, sighing quietly. He wanted to apologize to Saint for being a jerk to him the other day. He realized that he was the one who provoked Saint first and being impolite to him. He wanted to apologize and asked him to go out together with them, not that Perth thought Saint would want to since the incident.

"Daddy!"

Perth lifted his head and smiling brightly at his son who was running full speed towards him with worried Miriam trailing behind him while holding a small Superman backpack.

"Woah, easy there!" Perth gasped after catching Phu who crashed into his arms. "Don't wanna get hurt, okay?" Perth said to his son after lifting him up, perching the grinning boy against his hip.

"Daddy! You're finally here." Phu cheered bouncing happily on Perth's hip.

"Yes, I'm here." Perth said, smiling fondly at him. He stared at his only child, from his hair to his eyes, a few traits inherited from him. Perth sighed happily.

"Can we go now?" Phu asked cutely.

"Sure. But before that, were's mummy?" Perth asked him. "I need to give something to him."

"Head pain." Phu exclaimed, frowning cutely while putting his palms against his small head. "And mummy sleep back after kissy me and say goodbye," he exclaimed. "And told me not to be trouble for Daddy," he muttered the last part.

Perth frowned at that, didn't like to hear Saint got sick.

Miriam who was standing not far from them noticed Perth's expression before saying politely. "Mr. Suppapong is not feeling well, so he's taking a nap now. May I help you with anything?"

Perth smiled bitterly. He knew Saint enough that pretending sick was his trick to avoid a confrontation with him. He sighed frustratedly.

"It's alright," he smiled. "Please give him this flowers when he woke up and tell him I will take care of Phu until evening. And please remind him to take his medication."

Miriam took the bouquet from him, "I will relay that to him, Mr. Tanapon."

"Daddy, can we go to the zoo now?" Phu asked him, pouting his lips and widening his jaded eyes.

Perth sighed fondly. He was a goner for both the mother and son.

Perth took Phu to an animal-themed restaurant located in the Park Zoo's area. His son had complained that he was hungry after running around and pulling Perth's hands to follow him watching nearly all the animals in the zoo. He particularly liked the penguins and had asked Perth to get one for him as a pet. Perth had to use his mental strength to resist those eyes begging at him to buy one, otherwise Saint would strangle him if he brought a penguin home with Phu. But he had promised the pouting boy to meet the also black and white Oscar soon which made the toddler happy again.

Perth thanked the young waitress who had served their foods. He ignored the admiring stare from the young woman on him, instead started to cutting the fish cutlets into small pieces.