Chapter 27

Chiang Mai.

Saint woke up to the sound of a crying baby from his right side when he just fallen asleep not more than an hour ago.

He rubbed the sleepiness from his eyes before sitting up on the bed to tend on his fussy son. The dim light from the nightlight illuminating Phu's scrunched up face. Saint cooed at him before lifting the chubby baby gently into his arms.

"Shhh.. shh... " he coaxed trying to stop his whines, but it was not working. He glanced at the alarm clock on the bedside table, it was 11 in the evening. He fixed Phu's position in his arms before lifting the hem of his shirt to expose one of his swollen nipple. He nudged his nipple gently to Phu's lips before the fussy baby finally latched on in hurry. Saint hissed in relief when the pressure in his chest lightened. He looked down at his baby smiling fondly when he saw Phu was sucking on his nipple urgently with his eyes closed shut. Saint rubbed on that puffy soft cheek to coax his son back to sleep.

When Phu finally let his nipple go, he laid him on his shoulder to burp him but the baby had another plan. He whined again before breaking into full wailing. Saint frowned in worry. He patted on his back gently while trying to calm him down. "Baby, what's wrong? Please tell mommy, hmm. Shh... don't cry."

But Phu was still crying. Saint was about to get up from the bed when he heard a knocking on the bedroom door. He swallowed heavily, worried that Phu's wails might wake up the house owner. He opened the door with difficulty and was met with Zee who looked worried, dressed in a loose jogger and soft worn t-shirt.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry if he woke you up-" Saint apologized instantly.

Zee waved his hand in front of him. "It's alright, don't worry about that, I was just finishing my work in the office when I heard Phu cried." He explained with a sincere smile. "Are there anything that I can help with?" He asked.

Saint contemplating to turn down his offer when Phu once again crying near his neck while kicking his chubby legs against Saint's tummy.

"I- I don't know why but he keeps crying after he woke up." Saint explained while rocking Phu in his arms.

Zee bit his lips, a crease formed on his forehead. "Maybe he's hungry?" He tried.

"He already had milk," Saint told him while ducking his head to hide his blushing cheeks.

"Oh," Zee scratched his head. "Maybe he just want to be hold. May I try?" He asked lifting his hands forward.

"Oh, sure." Saint said snapped from his daze.

Zee took the crying toddler carefully into his muscled arms. He laid Phu's front gently against his chest with his right hand securing under his bum and the other against his back. He patted on Phu's back gently while walking to the hallway leading out to the living room. Phu stopped crying automatically. Saint was standing frozen at the doorway where he could hear Zee humming some songs to his son in his nice voice. Saint shook his head. He looked down at his outfit noticing that his legs were bare from thighs to feet since he was only wearing panties and oversized shirt to go to sleep. He blushed before walking to his drawer to change into a loose jogger.

He stepped into the vast living room when he saw Zee was sitting on the couch with sleeping Phu against his chest. The TV was turned on but muted.

"He stopped crying," Saint said approaching the coach.

"Yeah, what a tough guy." Zee chuckled gently before kissing the side of Phu's curly head.

Saint's heart felt warm. Zee's affectionate gesture towards Phu was too much for him, as the baby's mama to handle. He looked at the both of them. They looked like a true pair of father and son, when the supposed biological doting father was absent himself. Saint shook his head to chase the unnecessary thoughts away. He had decided to start a new life, with his beloved son and with the help of a generous and kind man like Zee. He wished nothing more, just waiting for the right time to start living on his own. It's not like he would live with Zee forever, that man surely wanted to get married one day and Saint and his son would have to move out from his house. Truth to be told, Saint thought he could do that, Zee had paid his salary for the past 8 months since he lived here, and the pays were more than enough for Saint and his son. When he had recovered from the trauma, he insisted to help working in the big penthouse, as Miriam aid since the older woman only work until 5. Zee also suggested for him to take one of his guest rooms to make a nursery for Phu, but he refused firmly didn't want to seem like an opportunist. The big bedroom courtesy from Zee with adjoined bathroom was more than enough for him and his small son. Thinking about Zee, Saint never saw him with any man or woman since he lived with him and he was back home from work, he would go to check on Phu and Saint first. Were they the reason why? Saint frowned.