Chapter 25

Chiang Mai.

Zee Pruk was a man with a few words but also a man of his words. Years of experience residing in Thailand and taking over a dangerous position in a multi-billion dollar company had taught him to act with cautious. Same went to that night, as the CEO of the company, he was obligated to attend one of the board of director's birthday party. The party was awesome but when Mr. Songsak, the host introduced a sexy woman to him he decided that he had enough of the night. He already did his job to attend the party and he would rather went home to sleep. He sighed relieved closing his eyes when his back leaned against the leather seat of his car and finally leaving the party venue.

He opened his eyes when his driver murmured something from the front seat. "What happened?" He asked his driver, Nat when the car stopped longer than usual at the traffic.

"I'm not sure sir. Looks like an accident happened. There's a crowd in front." Nat explained.

Zee blinked his heavy eyes open, "Go take a look and help them if needed." He instructed before closing his eyes again.

"Yes sir."

Zee sighed softly when he heard the door closed quietly. He leaned his head against the headrest while rolling his neck for a few times groaning when he felt the sore muscles stretched. He could have a good sleep at the moment. He opened his eyes again when he heard a distant shrill of an ambulance siren approaching. He sat straighter frowning when Nat was still not coming. Feeling curious, he opened the door before stepping outside.

He stepped forward towards a crowd at the side of the road. He could hear someone wailing and hissing in pain at the same time. Curiosity made him rush through the crowd before stopping in front of the sight. His eyes bulged when he saw a heavily pregnant man was crying and wailing besides an older woman's body while occasionally sobbing and hissing in pain. His eyes blinked slowly.

He saw a baby bag laying near the pregnant man's legs. The man was wearing a sweater and a loose pajamas pants with a wet spot on his crotch area. The man was about to give birth but still didn't want to let the woman go.

Zee's mind flashed to the past.

"Zee... it hurts."

"I'm sorry Hwa, I'm so sorry!"

"Please save the baby."

The last word accompanied with a glint of the sad eyes pulling him from his flashback.

He flinched when Nat called his name from beside him. He marched in front, stumbling through the crowd. "Mister, you need to go to the hospital!" He called the pregnant man.

"No! Leave us alone! Go away"! The pregnant man screamed while hugging the woman.

Zee swallowed, the man was about to give birth. He looked around him, other people was whispering and murmuring while looking at the scene with pity on their face. He clenched his fist.

"Sir, the ambulance's here,"

Zee moved forward at the same time an ambulance came. He pried the man's hand from the woman body before trying to carry him up. He fell down on his butt. Nat called him with worry but he told him to help the paramedic to help the woman. He lifted the trashing pregnant man with ease before laying him down on a stretcher.

"Let me go, you asshole! Let me go! My mae!" The man screamed struggling to break free. The paramedic winced before telling Zee to hold him tightly before lifting the stretcher into the ambulance.

"Wait for the police and meet me in the hospital," he shouted to Nat amidst all the chaos.

"Fuck! It hurts!" The man screamed as another contraction hit him and Zee flinched when he grabbed his forearm squeezing it hard.