Chapter 35

Camila sobs seem to go on forever. No matter what Lauren did or said, nothing would sooth her and the mother soon finds herself becoming increasingly concerned.

In the whole nine months she'd been looking after Camila, she'd never cried this hard. She'd never cried to the point where she was profusely sweating, her clothes becoming damp. She'd never cried to the point where her whole entire body was trembling with a force Lauren was afraid she'd fall of her lap, and she'd never cried so hard to the point where getting oxygen into her lungs seemed an impossible task.

"Okay okay, that's enough. You're going to make yourself sick" Lauren attempts to be stern, but her words fill the room in no more than a whisper.

She forces the young girl up into her arms, her hands coming up to cup her soaking wet cheeks.

"Breath" she soothes, leading by example and blowing a steady stream of cool air onto an overwrought Camila's face.

Breath hitching, Camila attempts to copy her as her trembling hands reaches up to desperately grasp onto the top of her shirt.

Lauren smiles lightly as her stomach untwists ever so slightly, "good girl. Do it again for mama" she once again mimics her previous actions as her thumbs trail gently over soft skin.

Camila complies, and although she was still struggling to breath, her attempt this time was a lot more steady than the previous.

Lauren continues with this back and forth soothing method until the small girl in her arms was somewhat calm again.

Pressing a soft peck to her nose in praise, Lauren wraps a supportive arm underneath the girl as she rises to her feet and walks carefully into the bathroom.

She eases Camila down onto the counter, keeping a reassuring arm around her waist as she grabs a few pieces of toilet paper.

"Blow, baby" she murmurs, her thumb one side of her nose and her forefinger the other.

Camila, who's breathing was still more unsteady than Lauren would like, blows as hard as she could desperate to rid herself of her blocked nose.

Wiping away the remaining boogers, the woman flushes the soiled paper before reaching for a couple baby wipes.

"Now..." Lauren starts as she begins to wipe of Camila's sticky face, her free hand cupping her chin, "...I know today was a hard and confusing day, but mama doesn't want what happened earlier to ever ever happen ever again. When I say I'll be right back, mama means and intends to do exactly that. You don't ever have to worry about me leaving you because to be quite honest, you could murder someone and id still want you, but a stunt like this again I won't hesitate to take you over my knee. Understand?"

Camila's cheeks turn a light shade of red at her words, but she doesn't hesitate to nod her head knowing her mama meant business.

"Good girl. Now, what was that upset all about mhhh?" Lauren wanders softly as she lifts the still damp pyjama shirt off of her small frame, tossing it to the floor with the intention of dealing with it later.

She was too tired to deal with the mess that was slowly becoming her bathroom.

Camila stiffens she unintentionally everts her gaze.

"No no, look at mama please" A gentle hand cups her chin prompting her to look up where she had moments ago found her thighs the most interesting thing in the world.

"Good girl" Lauren praises as she wraps an arm around her waist to lift her slightly so she could pull off her equally as damp pants over her diapered behind, "can you tell mama what got you so upset?" She asks, hoping to god Camila would tell her what had caused the very apparent panic attack that had terrified them both.

She has an idea, but she wasn't about to assume. Not with the events that had just occurred.

Camila tries her best to maintain eye contact as she opens her mouth to talk, "I was...I was scared" her voice was no more than a hoarse whimper.

"Of what baby?"

"That you...that this was the last straw. That after this...after all I'd done you'd...hate me and get rid of me" she couldn't help the fresh tears that fill her eyes merely thinking about her mama leaving her.

A soft expression appears on Lauren's face, "that's a pretty scary thought huh" she thinks aloud, "baby, that's not ever going to happen...." She starts, stepping in between the young girls legs so she could hold her trembling body as close to her as she possibly good.

"...I'm going to get mad sometimes. That's just part of a mama's job. But just because that happens doesn't mean I don't love you or that I don't want you anymore. That just...could never be possible. You crawled your way into my heart without even trying, and as far as I'm concerned you're trapped there for the rest of your life which means... you're stuck with me for the rest of your life"

Happy tears. Finally. Camila thinks to herself as she clutches her mama's shirt in her hands, "forever" she manages to whisper.

Lauren squeezes her close as her lips press instinctively against her girls head, "yes babygirl , forever"

After holding her close for a few more lingering moments, Lauren eases her away by her forearms with a soft gentle smile, "I love you Camila, more than you'll ever know or understand"

But Camila does understand, because she knows for sure she loves her mama just as much. Maybe even more.

**

Wow, it's been literal years. If anyone's still reading this please let me know because I know I don't have many active readers anymore lol.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this shitty attempt at a chapter.