Chapter 29

"But mama, why?" I teary eyed Camila questions as she looks down at the woman knelt before her tying up her shoes. She had just been presented with the news that Normani was coming to take her for the day, and whilst yes, she was excited to see her, she was a little disheartened by the fact Lauren seemed so eager to get rid of her.

Lauren sighs, "because nena, wouldn't you like to get out of the house for a while? See your family?" She questions hopefully as she finishes tying up the last shoe, grasping little hands in her own and easing the girl up onto her feet.

Camila shrugs as she looks dejectedly down at her feet.

"It's okay. You'll only be gone for a few hours anyway and I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself" she was interrupted seconds later by the doorbell ringing, and with one last look at an upset looking Camila, she takes a step forward and pulls open the door greeting the woman in front of her with an almost relieved smile.

"Hi guys" a smiling Normani greets.

"Hey mani. There's a change of clothes along with a few diapers in here. I'm not sure she'll let you change her but I just wanted to be safe" Lauren hands over the changing bag before leaning back to wrap an arm around her baby's waist, pulling her forward.

"Be good for mani okay? I'll see you soon" she presses a kiss to her head and eases her forward.

Camila's eyes sparkle with unshed tears as she allows Normani to take her hand, and no sooner can the two step outside the front door closes.

The tears do fall then, and she bites her bottom lip to stop it from quivering as she was guided towards the car.

Normani was quick to notice the tears and almost immediately pulls her close, "it's okay mila, your mama just a needs a little time to herself" her arms wrap soothingly around the petite waist.

Oh. So she did want to get rid of her...?

*

Lauren spends the first hour she has to herself cleaning. After having Camila with her for a few months, she has to admit the cleaning has come in second and had slowly dwindled to the very bottom of the list of what she deemed important.

She knew it was no excuse, but having someone living with her permanently was very new to her and some of the things she once did without a thought she now had to constantly remind herself to do.

Of course she didn't blame Camila for that. She blamed herself. Taking in the youngster was a decision she had made without really thinking about, and whilst she loved having her around and taking care of her, it had been and still is a big adjustment she had yet to properly get used to.

Smiling at the now cleaning living room in front of her that was clear of all toys and garbage, she heads off into the kitchen with the intention of doing the same in there.

She really did need this time to herself.

Back in Normani's car, Camila was still sat upset not able, in her headspace, to understand just why her mama had needed a break from her. She failed to understand that the constant one on one attention she needed got to be a little too much sometimes, and was only focusing on the fact that yet someone else had given up on her.

Throat tightening, she flickers her eyes over to the woman driving, "want mama" she feels herself almost pleading as a lone tear streams down her cheek, her voice choked.

Normani glances back, an almost sad smile on her face, "I know sweetheart, you'll see her again a little while. It's okay" she attempts to sooth.

Camila defiantly shakes her head as she almost manically unbuckles her seatbelt, and before Normani could even realise what she was doing or even begin to stop her, the back door flies open out tumbles the girls small frame.

Normani's eyes widen in alarm and she immediately stops the car, silently thanking the traffic in front of her for being slow as she scrambles out and round to where the sobbing girl was laying.

"What in the fuck were you thinking?" She finds herself almost yelling as she grasps the girls upper arms and yanks her up into a sitting position, "mhhh? Wanna tell me why in the hell you decided to jump out of a moving car? Do you have a death wish?!" She finds herself shaking the girl with more force than intended.

Camila sobs as her forearms come up to cover her face.

Sighing heavily, Normani yanks the girl up to her feet and places her back into the car, "if you think pulling a stunt like this will get you back to Lauren young lady, then I'm afraid you're wrong. She needs a little time to herself, something of which we have both already explained to you" after putting on the child lock, she slams closed the door and makes her way back into the drivers side.

Terrified, rejected and confused, Camila simply cries.

*

Hey guys, so it's been a while since I've updated this book and I apologetics for that, but here's a short little chapter to get it going again.

Tell me what you think!