Chapter 16

I was bored and another chapter happened. Enjoy 🙂

**

"Look Lauren, I don't know what to say. It's obvious camila has no plans on willingly leaving your side any time you soon so really, it's like you're stuck with her" Normani speaks amusedly, though Lauren noticed her tone of voice held something else too.

It was almost as if she was silently telling Lauren that she had convince Camila it was okay to leave her side.

Lauren's sighs and clears her throat, "okay, uhh, I'll talk to her when she's done napping. You're still coming at six right? I'm not sure I'll be able to convince her myself without giving into her" she murmurs, running a hand through her hair.

"Of course. She stayed at yours for two nights now and she's got to come home. Her family miss her" Normani replies softly.

"I know. I'll see you soon"  Lauren mumbles before hanging up, setting her phone down onto the counter. She covers her face with her hands and lets out a deep sigh. As much as she loves having Camila around, Normani was right. She needed to go home. She has a family. A life. And while she may be an important part of that at the moment, she wasn't it all.

"Mama?"

Quickly turning round, Lauren was met with the sight of Camila stood there buried in just one of her large sweaters. She looked tiny, adorably so and Lauren couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle.

"Hi baby, you all done napping?" She asks, walking over to the girl and scooping her ups into her arms, pressing a tender kiss to the side of her head.

Bringing the sweater sleeve up to her mouth, the small brunette nods sleepily, "yes mama" she replies, resting her head onto the older cubans shoulder.

Lauren nods, "good, now that you're up, mama needs to talk to you" she states almost regrettably, wondering over to the couch and placing them both down onto it, Camila on her lap.

The small brunettes eyes widen, almost as if she already knew what this conversation was going to be about. She looks down dejectedly, her hands coming up to play with Lauren's necklace. The woman could see her hands beginning to tremble.

"You want me to leave" she states rather than questions, her voice trembly.

Lauren bites her lip, "it's not that I want you to leave bug. I love having you here, you know that. But you've only got a limited amount of time off and I don't want you to miss out on spending time with your family" she replies, reaching up to brush a strand of hair out of the girls face.

Camila sniffles and nods, "okay, I'll go home. Am I...am I still seeing you again? In two sleeps?" She asks hopefully, finally looking up.

It was only then did Lauren see the tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Of course baby, and three sleeps after that. Just because I want you to go home and see your family doesn't mean our sessions will stop. They miss you" Lauren replies simply, leaning forward to press a kiss to the girls cheek.

Tears fill Camila's eyes, but she nods, understanding Lauren's words. She could feel a sob bubbling up in the back of her throat just thinking about having to leave her mama, but before it could spill she was pulled into an all too familiar comforting embrace.

She was held close for a little while, only a few occasional tears slipping down her cheeks. She was thankful for that, because if she broke completely, she would more than likely end up slipping and that was something she did not want as that would only make leaving so much harder.

About an hour later, both were interrupted by a knock on the door. Camila, now being big, immediately climbs out of Lauren's lap allowing the woman to go answer it.