Chapter 19

A few weeks later things were finally settling down. Both Lauren and Camila were finally in an established routine and Lauren had to admit it was going a lot better than she had originally thought the day Camila had been dropped off here.

Firstly, Camila was little most of the time so the routine they had was pretty easy. They would get up, Camila would have her bottle and breakfast before a bath (Lauren didn't feel comfortable leaving her be after sitting in a wet diaper for so long).

Next, they'd play for a little while before she napped and Lauren put the house straight. Once awake again, they'd either sit and watch a movie together or sit and do a small activity and before they knew it, it was once again time for dinner bath and bed.

Camila liked the routine, it kept her nervousness at bay and she never worried about anything that wasn't either food or her toys.

She was brought out of her thoughts by the sound of the door opening, and from her place led down in Lauren's bed she was quick to quickly sit up and hold her arms out pleadingly.

"Looks like someone woke up early from her nap" Lauren greets with a grin as she sits down next to the girl, "How did you sleep my lovely?" She eases Camila onto her lap, allowing her to settle against her chest.

She had just gotten off of the phone with Normani awhile ago, with some news that may not be what either of them need right now. To say she was disappointed would be an understatement and despite how much she wanted to tell Camila right now and then, she decided that she would make the most of their last day together.

She didn't want to tell her now and have her upset for the rest of the day.

Camila clings to Lauren's shirt and nods, the pacifier in her mouth bobbing a little faster showing her content.

"Good. Well then lets get your diaper changed then we'll go find something fun to do, okay?" She stands up with Camila in her arms and lays her down on the end of the bed, heading towards her dresser to grab a new diaper and baby wipes.

"Kay mama" Camila whispers absentmindedly, looking curiously around the room almost as if she had never seen it before.

Smiling softly, Lauren wonders back to the bed and places both the diaper and wipes down, "why don't you tell mama about movie you watched last night" she attempts to make conversation, forcing herself to forget about the fact Camila was leaving tomorrow morning as she begins to un tape the used diaper, grabbing the new one and opening it ready.

Camila gives her soother one last suckle before spitting it out, bringing her attention to her mama as she eagerly begins to babble about the jungle book, the movie they had watched last night.

Lauren takes it all in as she wipes the girl down, knowing just how much she was going to miss it when the time came for her to leave.

"Alright my baby, all done. Lets go get a small snack. Have you thought about what you want to do?" She wipes her hands off with a baby wipe, tossing the things she had used into the garbage before coming back to Camila sad lifting her up into her arms.

Camila was a bit put out at how sad her mama sounded, but not wanting to ruin the happy atmosphere, she cuddles close and allows herself to be carried out of the room.

"Just cuddle mama" she whispers when she was unable to think of anything that would be counted as 'fun'.

Lauren doesn't fight her answer and simply nods, "that's perfect my love. Do you want a movie on too?" She reaches the bottom of the stairs, heading straight to the kitchen so she could grab a bottle.

Camila loved to have one after every single nap.

Camila brings her legs up around her mama's waist when the woman's hand cups her thigh encouraging her to do so, and she nods, resting her head on her shoulder.

Lauren presses a kiss to the side of her head and closes the fridge, "which one?" She wonders, warming the bottle up for a few seconds before making her way into the living room, adjusting the girl into a bridal position in her arms before dropping softly down onto the couch.

"Nala" The tiny brunette whispers before taking the offered bottle, her lips wrapping around the nipple eagerly before beginning to suckle. She see's her mama nod from the corner of eye, and the room soon fills with the sound of the beginning scene to the lion king.

She strains her neck to see it, prompting the woman to adjust her so she was sat on her lap with her back to her chest.

"There we go" Lauren murmurs, switching the bottle to her other hand before reaching to grab a throw blanket from the back of the couch. She covers them both up and presses another kiss to the head resting on her shoulder, thinking back to the phone call she had shared with the girls manager.

She was really second guessing her decision to stay behind. Holding Camila in her arms like this reminds of her of just how much she loved taking care of her. How much she loved giving her bottles, watching movies with her, playing made up games.

Was she really willing to leave this all behind just to continue on with a career she wasn't even sure she wanted anymore?

**

Short but sweet chapter to get this book going again. I hope you enjoyed it enough to tell me what you think!

Breastfeeding or nah?

Next chapter: 150 votes

❤️