Chapter 27

It's short, but as I'm slowly losing inspiration for this book, this is probably how it's going to be. Enjoy though 🙂

**

Camila sighs heavily as she drops face first onto her bed. It was day number six without Lauren and honestly, she was struggling. Everyday an added weight was being added to her chest because the longer without her mama, the harder it was getting to stay big.

Don't get her wrong, she was having an amazing time with her family. She was getting to eat her moms amazing cooking, she was getting to hang out with her sister and actually watch her grow up. She just...was missing her mama. So so much.

Squirming underneath her duvet, she nuzzles herself into her pillow, closes her eyes and hopes Monday would arrive quickly.

*

"Mama"

No sooner had the words left the young Latinas mouth Lauren was letting out a small grunt, the girl, in her excitement having had literally jumped into her arms with no warning whatsoever.

"Hi baby" she greets, sending a small wave goodbye to Normani who sets Camila's bag down at the door before disappearing back to her car.

She closes and locks the door behind her she had driven off, and after adjusting the young girl so she was now placed on her hip as opposed to her front, she was making her way towards the kitchen where lunch was already dished up and on the table ready for them to eat.

Knowing just how clingy she was bound to be after being away from her for so long, she doesn't bother sitting her down on her own seat and instead sits with her on her lap, pulling the plates of food close to them, "how have you been my sweet one?" She cuts a chicken nugget in half and picks up a piece with a fork before bringing up up to the girls lips.

Camila shrugs, "missed you mama" she takes the food into her mouth and chews carefully, not willing to admit just how much she had struggled this week without her mama there to look after her.

Lauren nods in understanding as she scoops up a decent amount of mac and cheese onto the fork , "I missed you too baby. Did you have fun with your family?"

The small girl nods as she accepts the mouthful of pasta. Yes, she had. She wasn't going to lie about that.

"Good." Lauren says simply, pressing a kiss to the side of the girls head.

Camila smiles shyly, "nurse mama?" She asks as she slides a hand down Lauren's shirt to rest on her breast, allowing herself to be fed yet another mouthful of food as she sighs happily at the taste.

Lauren allows her hand to remain there knowing it would be pointless to even attempt persuading her to let go, "Sure love. Can you be a big girl and finish this up for me first? So mama can eat her lunch too?" She offers over the fork with a hopeful expression on her face.

Wanting to be a good girl, Camila nods and takes the offered fork with the hand that wasn't clinging to her mama and scoops up some mac and cheese before bringing it unsteadily to her mouth.

Pasta falls to the table. But neither cared.

"Good girl" Lauren was quick to praise, pulling her own plate a little closer so she could get started on eating her own lunch.

They were both soon done, and the minute Lauren had stood up and put the dishes into the dishwasher, Camila was tugging anxiously at her shirt with a quiet, yet still audible whine.

Lauren cups the back of her head as she begins to ascend the stairs, "just a second my impatient little bug." She soothes, pushing the door to her bedroom open when she makes it to the top.

She pulls some decorative pillows away from the headboard of her bed before climbing on, and the minute she was settled and had Camila sideways across her lap, she was pulling up her shirt and allowing her anxious baby to access her feed. An easy feat considering she didn't have a bra on.

"There we go, all better now huh?" She smiles softly, brushing the girls bangs out of her eyes before leaning down to press a kiss to her head.

Camila grins around her nipple which causes milk to spill from her lips, and before it could fall down her chin, Lauren was wiping it away with the pad of her thumb. She then continues to pat her padded behind, humming softly underneath her breath as an attempt to get the girl down for her much needed nap.

Camila's tongue peeks out as she suckles steadily, the hand that wasn't clinging to her mama's shirt coming up to poke at her face. She traces her cheek, her nose, even her eyes which causes Lauren to quickly lean back in order to avoid getting poked.

"Close your eyes baby. Mama's got you" the green eyed girl murmurs, gently grasping the hand on her face before bringing it down so it rested with the other one.

Although she didn't want to nap, Camila's eyes were beginning to droop, and she knows that even if she tried she wouldn't be able to stay away, so reluctantly, she nods in response to her mama's words and nuzzles as close to her as she physically could.

"Good girl" lips press press her forehead, and that was the last thing she felt before dozing off.

Lauren smiles down at the now sleeping baby, and despite wanting to allow her to continue nursing whilst she naps, she reluctantly unlatches her and reaches for a pacifier instead knowing even though they were both used to this, she still got sore pretty quickly.

Maybe they needed to work on getting a proper latch.

Allowing the girl to remain settled against the bare skin of her chest, she scoots herself down in bed properly so she was laying properly against the pillows. She then tugs up one of the throw blankets from the bottom of the bed to cover them up, and after setting an alarm on her phone for an hour from now, she allows her own eyes to close too.

**

Tell me what you think!

Next chapter: 200 votes

Stay strong and take care of yourselves ❤️