Chapter 6

"Y'know, she hasn't put that thing down since you gave it to her" Normani states with a chuckle as she wonders into the living area of the bus, sitting herself down next to Lauren with her phone in her hand.

Lauren looks up from her book, "It's a comfort item" she replies simply, her own smile lingering on her lips.

Normani rolls her eyes playfully, "I mean, I get that, but, she's hasn't slipped her as far as I know so why would she need a pacifier?" She asks curiously, unlocking her phone.

"I don't really know how to explain that mani, she just, likes it. When she is ready to slip I can guarantee the pacifier would have been a big help in getting her into that state of mind" Lauren says with a soft shrug, bringing her attention back to her book.

"Fair enough" the woman next to her says, bringing her attention to her phone, "You might want to go get her by the way, she seems pretty agitated" she adds.

Lauren gives her a quick glance before letting out a heavy sigh and setting her book face  down onto the side. Deciding to take a risk she knew might make this whole process go a step backwards, she reaches into the duffle bag and pulls out a still packaged bottle.

Like Normani had just said, Camila's been attached to the pacifier so she wanted to see if this would be any different.

After walking through to the kitchen and filling the bottle with milk, she pockets it into the back of her jeans and makes her way towards Camila's bunk. She knew from the fight Camila gave her that going down for a nap wasn't wanted, but after she had made the point that she wouldn't be getting to bed until past midnight, she had given in.

Reluctantly so anyway.

When she stops outside Camila's open bunk, she allows a smirk to appear on her face at the girls failed attempt at sleeping.

"I know you're not asleep sweetheart" she says with soft chuckle, pulling the blanket down a little so it no longer covered half her face.

Camila seems to freeze at her words, her eyes slowly flickering open, "sorry" she apologises quietly.

Lauren sighs so softly, "you're okay. Come with me to the back lounge, I wanna try something" she murmurs, holding her arms out.

Just like expected, Camila sits up and leans into them allowing her to hoist her up and into her arms. After wrapping an arm around and underneath her to keep her supported, she makes her way through to the back of the bus.

"Alright, work with me here, okay? Can I have your pacifier for a second?" She asks gently, grabbing the bottle and setting it on the floor next to her feet before sitting down with the young girl sat sideways on her lap.

Camila appears nervous, but she nods and allows the woman to take the comfort item away anyway. She continues to watch as she leans down to the floor, and once she see's what Lauren had picked up, the butterflies in her tummy seem to grow in volume.

Lauren see's this and sighs slightly, "you don't have to have it if you don't want to sweetheart. I just thought it might help you relax enough to fall asleep" She says, "it's just like your pacifier if that makes any difference? It just has milk in" she adds after a second, pulling the top of off it and leaning Camila back so she was in a cradled in her arms.

Camila's nervous eyes flicker between the bottle and Lauren. Should she? Like Lauren said, it's just like her paci and her paci was pretty soothing. Deciding to chance it, she nods softly and allows her lips to open.

"Good girl" Lauren coos softly, gently sliding the nipple of the bottle in between the girls parted lips. Camila allows it to sit there for a second, her nerves getting the best of her but when Lauren's fingertips soothingly start to stroke her cheek, she begins to suckle.