Chapter 23

Everything slowly went back to normal for both Camila and Lauren after the not so good hospital appointment. Well, as far as normal got for them both anyway.

They'd wake up about seven, she would give Camila breakfast before bringing her out of her headspace so she could get ready for whatever interview or promo she had to do that day. Once back from that, she'd lay down with Camila so she could nap. And after soundcheck, a meet and greet, it would be time for her performance.

It was only when the little hand hit eleven and the big hand hit twelve did the young girl finally get to relax. She'd take a shower by herself, rid the sweat and makeup from her body. (Sometimes she would just be too tired and Lauren would have to step in to help, although that happening was actually pretty rare) and after gathering her things, they'd finally be able to get back to the bus where the girl would properly rid herself of the big side of her.

And that brought her to now, staring contently down at her baby as she eagerly drunk her milk. Camila had, at first, whined about having to drink out of her bottle when her mama was right there with her 'boobies' as she called them.

She didn't quite understand why she couldn't do have milk and nurse from her mama at the same time, but when Lauren had sat down with her and explained why that couldn't happen just yet, (because of the lack of schedule and routine they would have when it came to it) she finally understood and was happy to nurse down to sleep after.

The feeling of a small hand making its way up shirt and resting on her bra covered chest brings her out of her thoughts, and she looks down to see Camila looking innocently up at her, "mama knows you want to nurse my lovely, and you can as soon as you're done with your bottle" she allows the girls hand to remain where it was, not willing to cause any unnecessary upsets.

Camila blinks, as if to say 'I know mama, you've told me a million times before' before flickering her gaze to elsewhere.

She soon drains her bottle and after burping her to save any tummy upsets, Lauren was easing her hand out of her shirt and standing her up before rising to her feet herself.

"Is your diaper still dry?" She asks as she walks to the kitchen and places the bottle into the sink, the small girls hand tightly enclosed round her own.

Camila nods, her eyes blinking heavily.

Happy with that answer, Lauren begins to lead her down the bus, "go on and hop in mama's bunk. I won't be a second" she pulls back the curtain and releases her hand from Camila's own, helping her little one with climbing into the bunk that was huge in comparison to her.

Too tired to protest, Camila does as she says, watching as her mama gathers some night things before disappearing towards the bathroom. She was back just seconds later before Camila could begin to miss her, and she was soon curling up against her, Lauren's own body protecting her in case she was to fall.

A few seconds pass as Lauren plugs her phone into her charger, and Camila soon starts to get a bit antsy, tugging at her mama's shirt and knowing what her baby wanted, Lauren rolls onto her side pulls up her night shirt, "go ahead baby, be gentle" she murmurs, knowing how eager the girl could get when she finally got to nurse after a long day.

Nodding in understanding, Camila latches onto her mama's breast and throws a leg and arm around her to keep her close, the action causing the woman to smile softly. She grazes the bare skin of her back, well used to the feeling of Camila's mouth around her getting the comfort she needed and without realising, she finds herself beginning to hum.

Doing this was nice after not being able to take care of her baby for so long. Holding her close. Cuddling close to one another. The quick hugs they shared during the day just didn't cut it sometimes, despite how much she wanted it too.

She soon feels Camila's mouth go slack around her nipple, and with a soft smile, she coaxes her mouth away from her breast with her finger, placing her pacifier into her mouth before she could latch onto it.

"Good girl" she whispers as she tugs her shirt back down, reaching for the blanket that was kicked towards the bottom of the bunk. Once they were both covered and tucked in, she wraps her arms around her baby's shoulders, her one hand coming up to cup the back of her head.

Camila stirs at this causing her to frown, but as soon as she once again begins to trial her fingers over the bare skin of her back, she settles, nuzzling her face into her mama's chest.

It wasn't long before she was asleep too.

*

The next morning soon came and Camila found herself to be the first one awake. She was still tightly snuggled against her mama, her leg thrown over her waist and so she didn't end up falling back asleep, she shifts slightly so she was on her back, her hands coming up to rub at her eyes as an attempt to get them used to the light.

She decides leave mama be for a while, well aware that even in little space, they'd had a late night last night and amidst her looking around to find something to distract her, she finds her phone.

She clicks the home button, smiling when she came face to face with a picture of herself but that soon fades when she realises she didn't know the password or have a fingerprint.

Tossing it to the side with a small pout, Camila turns back onto her side and curls up with her mama again, "Mama, up" she whispers behind her pacifier, bringing her hand up to gently touch her cheek and letting out a small whine when the woman didn't even stir.

Letting out a deep sigh at the fact she was going to be stuck here for what felt like forever, she spits out her paci and tentatively tugs up her mama's shirt knowing that nursing was one of the only things that kept her content and still.

She goes to latch on without hesitation, but soon stops and lets out a quiet whimper when she realises that doing this without permission might be something mama might not like.

But much to her dismay, Lauren was already awake and was watching her with a small smile, having had woken up when she felt her shirt leave her body and the cold breeze hit her skin.

Reaching a hand down, she gently taps the girls cheek to get her attention. The tiny girl freezes at the touch and looks up with wide eyes, obviously not really expecting her to be awake just yet but Lauren was quick to sooth her by pressing a soft kiss to her head.

"Go ahead and nurse for a while baby, mama needs some time to wake up before we get going for the day" she murmurs hoarsely, aiding the girl with getting a good latch before reaching for her phone.

She frowns when she comes up empty handed, shifting the covers around them slightly to see if it had fallen throughout the night.

It hadn't.

"Where's mama's phone?" She looks down at a sheepish looking Camila, a small knowing smile appearing on her face.

Blushing, Camila reaches for where she tossed her mama's phone and hands it back to her, "was p'ayin game" she mumbles behind her breast, not willing to unlatch just yet.

Lauren smiles, "you're good baby" she reassures her, sliding her arm back underneath her head so she had something to rest against whilst she nursed.

Happy she wasn't in trouble, Camila allows her eyes to close as she takes in everything around her. The feeling of her mama's skin against her cheek, the feeling of her arms tightly around her, keeping her safe. She finds herself reaching for her other breast with her hand, effectively twiddling with her nipple wanting her mama to know she was planning on nursing from both sides despite there not being any milk.

Lauren initially jumps at the feeling, but knowing how content Camila was right now, she chooses against saying anything and simply focuses on instagram, her free hand running softly through her hair.

**

Surprise?

Next chapter: 240 votes

❤️