Chapter 2

<< Wow ... >>

We all stayed with our mouths open. The place was beautiful. Rows of lights wrapped around the trees and pillars of the schoolyard. Blue and white Ribbons hung from the branches pretending to be the waves of the sea and floodlights of various colors illuminated the building. Loud music echoed around us and bodies moving on the beat. Well maybe not all bodies. There were some who shook their hands like raging octopuses under the illusion that they were dancing. The buffet was huge, full of juices and food, decorated with shells and protected by teachers-supervisors who were careful not to allow anyone to enrich the drinks with alcohol. Every year the same story, every year the same failure. I do not know how they do it, but the boys always find their way to throw vodka and gin in the punches.

<< What are we sitting here like pots ?! LET'S GO DANCING! >> shouted Myrto, pulling us to the dancing hall.

We were dancing for a while, until our legs left us and our bellies led us to the buffet.

"These cupcakes are a dream" said Ioanna,with her mouth full, putting the 5th cupcake in.

"Ioanna, dear, if you continue like this, you will eat us too" I said, smiling sweetly at her.

"Yes, Ioanna, for God's sake, you havn't left anything for the other 100 people at the party to eat" a familiar voice was heard behind us.

"What do you want Erika?" I asked her full of anger

Erika, who wore a white one-sleeved tight dress and curled her long brown hair, looked down on us with folded arms with the company of her close friends, Danae, Iliana and Anna. I consider her one of the most insidious girls in school as everyone thinks that she is innocent and sweet while if you get to know her better you understand that this is far from true...

Danae, the diva of the company, with her straight short blonde hair and her blue eyes full of gold dust, shadows, eyeliner and generally everything you can imagine, was busy, looking at her extremely tight gold dress and lifting it as discreetly as possible to show more of her legs and to attract our classmates's attention.

Anna, the immature of the company, is the personification of the duplicity, since she is good with everyone and at the same time she takls shitty behind their backs. The black dress she had chosen , floated on her skinny body.

Worst of all, is the one in the dark blue dress, Iliana, Erika's closest friend, is an extremely short girl, milk-white skin with long black silky hair, green eyes and a voice that breaks glasses. Whatever it lacks from height, it has in nerves and character. She is the personification of the devil, as she is the queen of gossip and with these secrets ,she blackmails the others to do her will.

We do not have the best relations with this group. Erika was with a boy I liked but obviously, even if he was free, I would be ashamed to make move so nothing happened. However, this boy, John, left her without any excuse and one day, we were sitting in the corridor talking. Of course Iliana saw us and informed Erika and it was a disaster. She started calling me a man thief and accusing John of cheating on her and electing her in front of the school so that they would feel sorry for her. Since then, it has been set to make my life fell like hell. He didn't like Ioanna and Myrto before, so he was looking for reasons to start a fight with us.

<< I wanted to eat a cupcake but I can see that our friend here has put everything in her mouth and there is nothing left. >> she said bitterly and she moved to the buffet to take a glass of red wine. A moment later she spill all of it to her.

As soon as she did that my nerves turned red. I felt anger overwhelm me and I clenched my fists.

<<Oops..I didn't see you over there>>she said and they burst out laughing.