Chapter 8

I woke up very early in the morning. Basically I did not sleep much. That day, Faragonda left, telling me that she would return at the end of August to pick me up. She respect my desire to enjoy the summer with my friends before I leave for Magix. The same day we talked to Electra. It got much worse than I expected because she was afraid she would lose me and would not let me go to Alfea. It took me a long time to reassure her and explain to her that nothing would change in our relationship. She was and will continue to be my little sister and nothing in the world would change that. I told her the need to leave, to learn how to control my powers in order not to reveal to the people the existence of the magical universe and of course not to harm anyone. It would be a lie to say that it did not cross my mind to withdraw my powers, as the rest of my family did, but my parents told me that such a thing is impossible and dangerous. The spirit of water uses my body as a host so as not to lose its strenght. If I decide to eliminate it from within me, then it will weaken and the balance of the universe will be disturbed. So this is not a solution.

Then I had to face my friends. We all went out and I told them that I was accepted to a college in America, to which I had sent an application with my parents, not expecting to be accepted but we were wrong, and that at the end of the summer I had to leave to settle in the dorms, etc. Panagiotis and Athena were the coolest, they hugged me saying congratulations, although sadly, and Athena in tears asked me to send her photos from places we have read in books. Panagiotis, of course, commented that now that I am leaving, he will lose his accomplice for his 'crimes'. Myrto and Ioanna cried a lot , saying that I am going abroad and I will forget them because an American man will take my mind, I will never come back and other absurd things. They would not allow me to leave unless I promised them that I would call them every day and that at every opportunity, on holidays and celebrations, I would return to Greece. With no choice, I accepted the terms, not knowing if I could implement them when that time came.

After all this, we lived the most frantic summer of our lives. We traveled to as many islands of Greece as we could afford and chose Halkidiki to close the vacations. We did not sit for a single day home. The combination of parties with loud music and constant contact with the sea, calmed my headaches but did not completely made them disappear. I had asked Faragonda that day if these headaches were related to my ability to control the water but she said no. She had never heard of such a thing. She speculated that she might be responsible for the fact that I had been holding back my strength for so long, but that did not explain either the frequency or the places where they were happening.

But all good things come to an end. Summer has passed and I had to return home to spend my last days on earth with my family. I was told that only magical beings can enter the magical dimension and because they no longer had their magic, they would not be able to come and see me. I was very upset but at least we would do video calls. It's better than nothing.

The day arrived and a gate out of nowhere appeared inside our living room, from which Faragonda emerged.

"The time has come," she said and held out her hand to me

I turned to my parents and my sister who were looking at me in tears. I let my suitcases fall from my hands, ran and hugged them tightly.

"Goodbye sweetheart" said my mother crying " be strong"

I left them and said goodbye, took my suitcases and turned to the headmistress . I nodded to her that I was ready and we entered the gate. The transition wasn't very pleasant. I felt a knot in my stomach and a shiver run through my whole body. When we went to the other side and stepped on solid ground I felt dizzy. I raised my head and was shocked.

"Welcome to the magical dimension Aphrodite" replied Mrs. Faragonda