Chapter 1

The pale crescent moon shines like a silvery claw in the night. The distant sky is connected with the ground, forming a beautiful scene of heaven and earth. The blanket of stars appears to be stretched to infinity. The sullen and heavy silence is making my heart palpitate inside my cage rib as the horizontal misty waggles my body. I stare at the electric blue eyes that are glued to mine; waiting for the answer that will change everything forever.

"I don't think I can be..."

"You can't be with me," He says. I try to speak but he stops me before I have the chance.

"You can't move on with me after I did. You're hurting," He whispers shutting his eyelids and passing his hand over his head.

"Corbyn, I..."

"No," He mutters and walking to me; he strokes my cheeks with his fingers in small circles. His skin burns mine and I feel my blood pulsate through my veins.

"This is all on me," His eyes are blazing with self-hatred. He can't stand his own self; loathing himself for all his actions and decision that doomed both of us here. "I did this,"

"You didn't,"

"I did," He whispers. He offers me a brief smile and presses his lips on my forehead. I cover his hands with mine; their warmth putting a small part of me at ease. My eyes pool the second his hands leave me. He turns around without meeting my eyes again.

Tears stream down my cheeks as he walks away.

"I love you," I whimper freezing him in his tracks.

"What?" His eyes shoot to mine.

"I do," I whisper and split my heart open letting all the fears and pain out to my angel.

" T-The time, you-you were away from me, I couldn't stop thinking about you. I know we have been through a lot but I couldn't imagine my life without you. You hurt me but you mend me too. I fell in love with you so passionately that I don't know how I did it. I missed you every second of those days you weren't around me. And I k-know it's...it's selfish but I don't want to live without you. It might sound stupid because we're almost eighteen but I do." I pant entreating for a gush of air as he gapes at me speechless, frozen. I wipe away my tears sobbing.

"I'm scared of being hurt again. I have felt so helpless and broken that I don't think after my parents, you, and Edward I'll have the strength to get out of it alive. I just want someone to lean in and trust. I want to be with you and I'm trusting you but please..." I plea.

"Please promise me you won't hurt me like that again. I won't be able to take it again, Corbyn."

My voice cracks and a few seconds pass as Corbyn stands peering at me. He seems to be lost in his own thoughts; questioning and doubting if this a dream or reality.

My eyes don't get a glimpse of him while he moves and thrust himself in me. He pushes me against the wall with force before his lips crash into mine. My breath gets lost in my throat. The desperation and need for his kisses send sparkles all over me. The feeling I hadn't felt for so long crackles under my flesh flaring me. His hands band me fiercely around my waist and my fingers explore his velvety hair. His embrace squeezes all the air out of me.

His tongue pries its way into my lips and brushes against my own when it finds its way in. One of his hands tugs my hair raising my head so he has better access to my lips. My fingers lower and grasp the material of his shirt on his chest. Electricity quivers me causing my heart to pound even more loudly.

His hands grip my waist and his fingers touch my skin under my blouse squeezing his fingers into my flesh. A moan escapes but his mouth doesn't leave from mine. He slowly pulls away an inch from mine hardly disconnecting our lips. His forehead rests against mine feeling me with his warmth.