Chapter 16

I sit up breathing hard. My heart hurts as it beats crazily rapidly. I rest my head on my trembling hands and I frown looking down when I sense wetness covering my cheeks. I wipe away my hot tears frantically. A small voice on my head starts screaming again saying I'm nothing but a weak whining girl. I shut my eyelashes strongly before I get up.

I turn on the lamp of my desk and sit down to study. Darkness and quietness are spread outside my window. I glance towards my phone and before I can control myself; I take it in my hands. Like I have presumed, there are no calls and texts. I huff throwing the black device on the mattress. Where is he?

I don't see him in school either. I last saw him in school after he saved me from falling on the floor for the fight. He didn't answer my question as to why he is with me as he hadn't the first time I questioned him. Colliding forcefully into someone's chest brings me back to reality gruffly. I blink stepping back.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't looking. I'm sorry," I get on my knees gathering the books that fell from the boy I run into. I give him the books and my eyes meet with an extraordinary honey shade of brown.

"I can touch you now?" He asks causing me to blink in question. "For the books?"

"Oh, yea. Here you go," I hand him back the books as we stand up in sync. I smile briefly at him.

"So, I can touch you now?"

"Touch me how?" I ask frowning and take a step backward. He winks at me as his fingers pull at my cheek.

"What are you doing?" I throw his arm away giggling.

"See you around princess," He flashes me a charming grin that surely must use to impress his girls.

"Christian?" I call out his name before I realize it myself. "Have you seen Corbyn at all?"

"No, he didn't come today." I huff closing my eyes. "He's fine if that is what you're wondering,"

"Is he?"

"He is," He reassures me. He leans in the locker in his side after he has thrown his book inside his backpack.

"Where is he?"

"He has a lot right now," I roll my eyes.

"Which I know anything about it," I murmur under my breath. I watch as students pass us in the hallway and the noise increases as more people walk by. I turn to Christian who stares at me with his honey eyes steadily as if he attempts to find the unique key to unlock a mystery, a puzzle that torments him for years.

"What?"

"Nothing," He says placing his bag on his shoulder. "I'll see you,"

When I arrive at home; it's dark. After the dance practice, I didn't even realize how the time passed by yet I find myself thinking about a blonde boy quite often.

"What if they do it?" A familiar voice sounds halting me in my tracks.

"Then it would be a completely another approach we need to take,"

Corbyn curses under his breath. "How long will it take?"

"Longer than we thought it would," My uncle's calm voice doesn't do anything to ease his irritation.

"When will we know?"

"Within the next two weeks,"

Corbyn says something that I can't hear. The chair squeals against the ground before the door of my uncle's office opens and Corbyn walks out. Exhaustion has charged his features, his body is tired as his shoulders are burrowed. A frown has stuck to his forehead and his hand runs through his hair.