Chapter 10

Chatters and shrills are disturbing the cool night. People were huddling around the packed bleachers as the blasting noises and the shouts of the cheerleaders are booming throughout the huge soccer field. The powerful lights that are installed around are making the glass glow as if fresh raindrops have befallen.

"You seem nervous," I notice. Anna's face blushes as her eyes wand around to find Noah.

"I know," She mumbles, and a smile forms when she locates him in the other end of the area among his team players.

"We have lost the last time we played with them," Christian approaches us before he sits next to me.

"I remember," She whimpers, and a small scowl troubles her eyebrows transforming her doll's characteristics. I frown at the sight.

"Why are you saying it like that?"

"It's the only game we lost to and after a fight went down," Christian replies for her and I gape at him. "A few people got hurt,"

Unconsciously, my eyes dart to my angel who drinks water as a boy talks to him.

"Him too," He confirms my speculation. "And Jacob, Cyle, Jace,"

"And Noah," Anna adds softly. My lips part; if Noah was fighting then something must have been totally wrong.

"Why?"

"They were cheating, hurt a few of our players and the referee did nothing. We couldn't just let it go like that,"

"I suppose you were there too?" He nods smiling.

"I'm that type too,"

A deafening whistle announces the start of the game causing a roaring.

"Here we go," Christian murmurs turning his attention to the field that fills.

I keep my eyes glued to my angel the whole time clutching tightly my knees near my chest. His shirt clings to his skin filling his pores with sweat. His eyes are gleaming but a frown was married to his face. My expression mirrors his while confusion of not comprehending the situation makes me unease. During the game, he has been watching a certain boy; something he hasn't done in the previous games. They exchange some killing glares and before I can stop myself, I turn to Christian.

"What's going on with that boy?"

"Which one?"

"The black-haired boy that is constantly around Corbyn," I explain.

"Yea, they have a history together," My frown deepens.

"What do you mean?"

"I think you should ask your boyfriend," Christians states without offering me the information I wanted. I bottle up all the questions knowing it's better to ask him myself instead of questioning his friends. Though I didn't miss the hint of warning in his deep voice.

A high-pitched scream cuts my thoughts as all people around me start cheering.

I look down and find my angel running after scoring with a wide grin kissing his desirable lips. I giggle feeling his happiness booming out inside of me. My phone vibrates inside my jean pocket and I fish it out to find Mrs. Jordan's name flashing on my screen.

"I will be right back," I say to Anna before I start climbing down the bleachers. I walk a bit further from the public and its noise.

"Hello,"

"Amelia, honey, how are you?" Her delicate voice echoes through the speaker.

"I'm fine, thank you," I follow my angel's movements across the field.