Chapter 69

Corbyn's POV.

The sweet aroma of vanilla has crept into the air. I glance around, yet, there's no hint of familiarity. I whirl around, and the scenery changes. I'm standing alone in a garden; trees are aligned afar, and flowers are laying all around me. A path of gravel is under my feet, I frown.

"Corbyn," A cry causes chills to run down my spine. My head snaps upwards abruptly. My sweet angel. She's wearing a white long dress, her hair is flying at the sides due to air before she places a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear. A grin kisses her lips the moment our eyes meet. I walk to her without a second thought.

Only then do I realize that a house is behind her, the back door is wide open, letting the late afternoon chilly air slip through. I cup her cheeks with my hands; her warm skin electrifies my cold one. I press my lips against hers, before dropping my arm on her waist and pulling her right against me.

Her tongue tastes like fresh strawberries, and before I know it, I can't get enough of her. Her hands move slowly and rest upon my chest; my heart somersaults. A static noise echoes in my ears, and I frown. Not having the willpower to let her go, I unseal my lashes and regard her as our lips keep stroking each other. Her eyelashes flutter against her cheeks as a moan of desire trembles within her.

The volume spikes, and I jerk right back, terrified. The last thing I see is her wide green eyes staring, hurtfully, back at mine.

My eyes snap open; a quiet room. Her head is upon my chest while her arms are wrapped around me. I unwind my arms from around her and pass my fingers through my messy hair. The same noise echoes from the right nightstand. I frown, turning in its direction.

An unknown number flashes at my screen. I grab the device, swearing underneath, getting ready to burst at whoever is on the other line.

"Who the hell..."

"That's not the way to talk to your mother," I check the ID and do not recognize the caller before I place my phone back at my ear, rolling my eyes.

"No, I think this is the most appropriate way. And don't you fucking dare say one more word. I blocked your number, and now you call me from whoever's phone is this? What are you, five?"

"Watch your language," She orders, and the tinder of rage explodes in the sky in a reddish color.

"Oh, I'm watching my language. It's you who can't watch your fucking manners. Don't call me, I'm blocking this number too and all the others you will decide to call me from. And trust me, I have no greater pleasure than rejecting you. Every. Single. Fucking. Time." I spat out the words to get the message clear. I end the call before she speaks. I don't have time, or I'm in the mood for this bullshit.

I gaze down my chest and find a pair of green eyes watching me intensely. I didn't even realize I woke my girl up. Fuck.

I attempt to talk, though she turns her attention to my phone. It has started vibrating again. Her fingers tap against the screen after she traps it between her palms. A small smile blesses her lips before she throws the phone down the mattress. I regard her closely, awaiting her next move, though she lays back down on me.

"That's it?"

"Oh, yea," She whispers as if she remembers a forgiven promise before she leans up and pecks at my lips. I suppress a laugh, but it has the opposite results. I envelop her in my arms, trapping her there, and rest her on the bed at my side. I raise her chin and pour my irritation into the kiss because I know she can transform it into passionate love. She has the power to ease my mind like no one else.

"Sorry about that," I apologize. That wasn't a way to start our morning.

"Not forgiven," She pouts, and I can't stop myself from kissing her all over again. "Slept well?"