Chapter 21

"See you tomorrow," Ethan waves at me. My legs scuff the floor due to the long practice of dancing. My muscles hurt under my flesh as I roll the neck from side to side to loosen kinks. I bite my lower lip at the burning sensation that spread inside me. I exit the girl's locker room heading to the exit. The silence stretches upon the morning's busy hallways of the school. A few glimmers of sunlight that have crept through the wide windows are shinning against the walls and lockers make them glow under it.

A hand grasps mine and rushes me through a small door inside a petite storage room. I turn around to see the person and my eyes widen.

"What-what are you doing?" I ask staring up at his bright blue eyes. He walks past me and locks the door with one quick move while my eyes scan the tiny room. The white walls are covered by boxes that have been stuffed at the sides of a small window that sees right into the soccer field that is being surrounded by the track. The grass shines as if the water of the rainfall has left its mark. Boys are running and playing while some voices reach our room.

I turn to him frowning. He looks nothing like yesterday; the calmness he was having appears to have been replaced by determination. He moves to me and pins me to the wall. Its coldness expands on my backbone as I look at him startled.

"What...?" He cages me between his arms on the wall.

"Don't go out with him,"

"What?" I ask. "What are you talking about?"

"Don't go out with Christian," His eyes are blazing. He's not begging, he's demanding.

"How do you know?"

"I heard him," He replies. "Don't go," He's inches away from me. His body doesn't come in contact with mine yet his feverish anger washes over me. He's burning at the idea.

"We have broken up. How could ask me that? I can move on with someone if I want to,"

"Not with Christian,"

"If it was another guy, you think it wouldn't bother you?" He cocks his head to the side flaming me with the intensity of his gaze on me. His jealousy along with his confidence makes my heart thud in my chest. The small room seems to become even smaller as its temperature rises.

He doesn't respond, his eyes leave mine as he leans down before looking at me after a few seconds.

"I don't want you around him,"

"You didn't have any problems before," I notice.

"It's different now," I shake my head locking my lashes. This isn't going anywhere.

"I told him that I would think about it but I don't think I'll go out with him," His shoulders relax as if a huge burden has been lifted off of him, freeing him from his worries and concerns. His lashes flutter close for a second. I frown as the relaxation crosses his features.

"I don't understand you," I mutter and his eyes meet mine. "You can't be with me but you're mad at the idea of me being with someone else. If you want me then why aren't you with me?" He leans down, peering his ocean blue eyes in my green ones.

"Because I love you," A sharp gush of air escapes from my parted lips. I gaze up at him with wide eyes, full of surprise and confusion at the same time. The rays of light have slipped into the room and make his eyes glitter. His eyes are so glistening; as if sparkles of gold will explode from them and scatter on the room. I have almost forgotten his angelic beauty and how much effect he had on me.

His hands slid down to my waist and pull me against him. A gasp left my slack mouth right before he kisses me, long and lingering, as if he can't breathe anymore and I'm the oxygen for his survival.