Chapter 42

Corbyn's POV.

Shrieks and yells from the crowd hurt my ears as I swallow the whole bottle of water. Sweat runs down my forehead as my chest rises up and down rapidly.

"What did you do?"

"Why didn't you fucking push the ball to me, we had them," Cyle snaps at Ryan.

"The hell I would, you were standing at the other..." I roll my eyes, walking away, not in the mood to hear their fucking argument.

"Corbyn," Coach rests his hand on my shoulder and I raise my eyebrows.

"Good job, keep it up, " He says hurrying down to Jace to scold him for stalling a goddamn dozen times to push me the goddamn ball. My eyes scan the bleachers but there are no signs of her. I have been watching like an asshole the last hour hoping to see her and every time, the disappointment is a lot worse than missing the net.

"What's going on with you tonight?" I roll my eyes at Jacob not caring to stop my strides to listen to his lecture. "You got distracted a time or two," I glare back at him.

"What the hell do you want? I got distracted? How about Jace who was too fucking busy staring at his girl to pass me the ball or Peter who was a useless asshole as usual, or about your little brother..."

"Alright, alright," He murmurs in a soft, quiet tone to calm me down but there's only one person who has that effect on me. And she's not here. Though, now, when he stands as if he talks to a fucking toddler, my blood burns.

"Don't you dare say to ease up or I swear, Jacob," He frowns at my threat, his eyes search for her and I gaze the other way; she's not here.

"She didn't come?" I clench my teeth not to punch him in the face.

"Don't push it," I grit. Since last night, my nerves have been driving me fucking insane. Her wide eyes and shouts for faith in her and us, have haunted me. I don't know how the hell to overcome this bullshit. We have come too far for nothing.

"Come on, guys, let's go. Time for the second part. Keep your head in the game," Coach shouts to encourage us and I hurry on the field not interested in listening to Jacob's murmurs.

Where the hell is she?

I glance at the side to find Noah stare at me thoughtfully; it's the fucking third time today.

"What the hell are you looking at?" I exclaim glaring at him in pure rage.

"Nothing, sorry," He says, moving away. My mind begs my body to follow him and ask the goddamn truth about Amelia's absence but I shake my head as the coach's whistle signals the start of the second half-time of the game.

Cheers of our success bounce around the walls. The way towards our lockers is awash with girls throwing themselves in the players. I roll my eyes, disgusted by the view, and push my way through the bodies. I can't help but look for her even though I know she isn't here.

"You were amazing out there," Her voice makes me look down at a blonde girl batting her lashes in front of me as her finger is too busy circling around a strand. I bump her shoulder walking ahead not caring to hear her.

"Are you going to party afterward? I'm and since you had that game, I will give..." I shut the door of the locker room loudly in my back to send her the message that I'm not fucking interested. I can't stand the same act over and over again; flickering eyelashes, tones of make-up, short skirts, and transparent shirts. I'm tired of those shit. I don't fall for them as I used to. I fell in love with a girl that was rolling her eyes at me whenever he set her green innocent eyes at me and shouted at me for being an asshole. She's the one that would curse me to hell and I wouldn't be mad. I would go there for her.